1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Thoughts on Diego

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by TylerH50, Jul 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TylerH50

TylerH50 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd be interested in hearing comments from anyone who has eaten at Diego @ MGM. Thinking about putting Diego in the restaurant rotation on my trip which begins 36 days.

I'm comparing it against Gonzalez Y Gonzalez.

Thanks in advance!

2. MiDenny

MiDenny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have had dinner at Diego a couple times. I don't think we have had a bad experience. The food and service were very good both times. Try the Sangria, very good. I had a pork tenderloin with a habanero dipping sauce that was fantastic. Have also visited Gonzales Y Gonzales a couple times. I think they are totally different experiences. Diego has a more upscale feel to it. Mexican food is by far my favorite type of meal. I thoroughly enjoyed both places and will visit both again. But I think I'm more likely to include Diego in an evening of dinner and a show or entertaining clients. Just my impression......

3. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

Diego isn't my first choice for Mexican, but it's not a bad option. I really like their table side guacamole. IMO, it's head and shoulders above Gonzalez Y Gonzalez. I did not like the food there on my one and only visit.

4. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i like it. the tableside guac is great (have them put the habanero paste in it for extra heat) and their tequila selection is amazing. the Jose Reserva de la Familia Extra Anejo is the best i've ever had. and they make some great margaritas. the food is pretty good too. nothing extra special, but solid Mexican fare. i go for the guac and the tequila, really, the food is just a side note. i usually fill up on the guac and chips and pitchers of margaritas before the food even arrives. last time i had about 2 bites and was full.

5. RWDPeanut

RWDPeanut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great stop for Guac, chips, and drinks, but so many better options exist for a Mexican dinner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.