1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Absinthe

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by bighouse304, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bighouse304

bighouse304 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I have tickets to Absinthe on August 7th? Anyone who has seen the show care to offer their thoughts/impressions on the show? Thanks!!

2. GREGRIO

GREGRIO VIP Whale

Adult, crude language and themes, great acrobats and novelty acts,
    VIP tic get you in first for first come/first serve seating...I suggest
    a general admission tic.
    It's folding wooden chairs around the stage, goofy mix of other choices
    on the upper level around that...that's where I like to sit.
    No restrooms insid the tent and...IT'S LOTS OF FUN!

3. Aero

Aero Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't seen it yet. It was dark during our last trip. I have it booked for Spt. this year and have heard it's a good time. I am expecting something similar to Zumanity but a big more theatrical than acrobatic. Of course, I could be totally wrong. Do a search for it as it has been discussed before on these boards.

4. Thor

Thor Beer Drinker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    awesome show!!! get general admission tickets as the seating doesn't really matter as long as you don't sit behind a pole. the acts are great...great adult humor...plenty that will amaze you and shock you! the wooden chairs were uncomfortable as hell for me (i'm 6'6") but the show kept me intrigued enough that i didn't complain until i got up to walk out! :beer::beer::beer:

5. bighouse304

bighouse304 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! We saw Zumanity a few years back and we liked that, so I'm sure this will be just as entertaining.

6. okthen

okthen Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As long as you aren't easily offended by crude humor, you are in for a treat. The acts are amazing and in your face, and the comedy is raunchy and hilarious.

7. GMS

GMS Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great show

Totally agree. I had a blast at Absinthe last December.

The funky perimeter seating was cool, too. I wound up in a really comfortable old armchair with a small table for a cocktail. The views to the top of the tent were a bit obstructed, but most of the acts were completely visible. I thought it was worth the tradeoff vs. the wooden folding chairs closer in.

8. Jake&Avery

Jake&Avery Planning my next vacation!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The best show. Ever..

I was laughing so hard my stomach hurt...and I almost fell out of my chair..

I've got a girls trip planned for January, and Im trying to convince my sister that we NEED to go!!

When DH and I were there in February, we just got General Admission tix - I wish I had known to go and get in line earlier than we did - we went were there like 30 min before the show started and it was QUITE a long long...

we could have solved that by going VIP, but at the time I didnt think it was necessary...

BUT, we did get pretty awesome seats, but I would have preferred a different section...

9. JoeDat

JoeDat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think they have GA Tickets anymore, when I went to the show in December 2011 we go GA tickets. When I went this month July 1st to be exact I asked for GA tickets and we got assigned seats. Has this happened to anyone else? We got stuck behind 3 tall guys. Good thing most of the show is elevated.

10. GolferTrav

GolferTrav High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's no longer any 'free-for-all' seating like there used to be. All seats are assigned now. There's still GA and the VIP section has 2 parts. VIP & VVIP, each get a split of champagne along with being in the 2nd & 3rd and 1st row (respectively).

11. hoochiemama

hoochiemama Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Highly recommended! We've seen a number of the Cirque shows, but this is definitely now a favorite (saw it earlier this month).

As mentioned, it can be rude, crude, offensive, but also highly entertaining, funny and impressive!

We ended up getting tickets through ticketmaster ahead of time (also used a coupon code to save $20 - I think loc20 or 20loc. We wanted an aisle. The online ticketmaster wouldn't allow us to choose seats, however I was able to call and get an aisle seats in the 4th row I think.

12. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Please note if you sit anywhere in the first few row be prepared to take some verbal abuse, NO PC police ,anyone can be singled out and anything can and will be said So if this offends you and your not open minded, dont go. I personally loved it

13. jld34

jld34 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A+++ As long as you aren't easily offended by crude jokes and humor. I saw it last year in August - am going again next week when I make a return trip. Bummed to hear they did away with GA seating - but there really aren't many bad seats in the house!

Enjoy

14. Aero

Aero Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The more I hear about this show, the more I am looking forward to seeing it. Sounds very fun.

15. bighouse304

bighouse304 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, I'm happy to hear such positive reviews. Is VIP worth the extra money? Sounds like every seat in the tent is pretty good.

16. GREGRIO

GREGRIO VIP Whale

(if) the VIP/Gen'l Ad tics are still available...Gen'l work
    just fine for me....lots of good seats inside.

17. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Someone I work with has just come back from Vegas and they have said if I see one show when I go it has to be this, and after reading peoples coments I will be getting a ticket for this show.

18. shiny

shiny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree. Also, don't forget to stop by any of those tix4tonight locations for getting the discounted ticket.

19. Jenm

Jenm Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know how long this show will be open? I heard if their contract doesn't get renewed it might close soon but haven't heard updates. We are planning a trip next year and have heard many times how wonderful the show is.

20. Boosty16

Boosty16 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was just recently renewed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.