1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria Corner Suite Views

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by SBTB, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SBTB

SBTB Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm curious about the views from the Aria Corner Suite. My wife and I will be in Vegas for a week in December celebrating my 40th birthday. This will be our first Vegas trip and after a couple of months of research on rooms and thinking multiple time we had figured it out my wife has fallen in love with the Aria Corner Suite. Her big selling point is having a view from the bathtub. Silly I know but she's a woman of simple pleasures. :evillaugh

Looking at pictures/videos of the suites online I'm a little concerned about the view however. It seems almost completely obscured by Cosmopolitan and VDara.

My question is how high up can you get a corner suite and what advice can people give me about location and view to request. I'm scared to upgrade to city view because honestly the view doesn't look much better from the videos I've seen and just as obscured.

Any advice for this Vegas newbie would be much appreciated.

2. Dark_Mark

Dark_Mark Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    most views at Aria are bad, its in the very back of city center, you are much better off at cosmo

3. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless you pay extra get a city view or panoramic - I wouldn't think the view is going to be that great. I was on the 4th floor. My view from the bedroom was of some outbuilding, and my view the living room was of the tram station.

4. SBTB

SBTB Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    City view is $75 more per night. I'm willing to pay it if I know the view will be good. Since I'm going at a slow time (Dec. 17th - 21st) I'll probably try and get the free upgrade at check in and if I can't just pay to upgrade. That week I'm pretty sure they will have some empty and available to upgrade to.

5. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Due to Aria's design there are a number of different views from corner suites.
    Some are great some are not.Higher floors are obviously better.
    There are also two types of suites they call "corner suites"
    One type has the 270 degree view and the other is at the end of the hall but only has side windows.
    If you upgrade,qualify which type you are getting.

6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are at least 2 different corner suite layouts, and I think there may be 3 or even 4. At least one of them has the tub in the middle of the room instead of by a window.

The ends of the floors are zig-zaggy, so they don't just have 4 corner suites on each floor, they have 6 or 8.

Vdara and Cosmo would obscure the view to the north. However, you also have to take into account the fact that Aria is curved. So if you are in a suite which would have to be considered the northeast corner, when you look out the window in the bathroom, you are looking due east. So the view is only partially obscured.

What you want is:
    Not a panoramic view suite
    Not a suite at the very end of the hall
    Not a suite on the back side
    Not a suite on a floor below about 20

My room number was 118, and I think you'd be happy with the view. I think a view from a room in the same position (one or two rooms from the end of the hall) at the other end of the building would be OK.

Also keep in mind that at night, you can see straight into the room from other buildings. And also from some other corner suites. :evillaugh

I don't know if the video I took was one that you saw, but here they are. I never took one at night, but the view was quite good.

[YOUTUBE]65lxs2ttito[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]SG5zIQOiftE[/YOUTUBE]

7. SBTB

SBTB Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, thanks for all the great info. I'm just going to ask for any 20+118 when I check in. That's a great view. Was it considered City View or normal corner suite?

8. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was a City View. I would think all of the rooms on the side of the building facing the strip would be considered City View.

9. Jersey_Bill

Jersey_Bill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got back from three nights in a corner suite - two nights on the highest floor before the "special suites" (52 or 53) and one night on a lower floor (I was driving home from Vegas, my car broke and I came back for an additional night during repairs).

All of these were on the north end of Aria at the end of the hall on the left and looked West / Northwest. The high floor did make a difference in getting a better view of the mountains and the city to the West - but the low floor gave a better view of the Cosmo and Vdara pools which were right beneath. Even at the high floor you are not above Cosmo to look over it to the Strip beyond if you are in that corner.

Yes, Cosmo and Vdara pretty much closed off the views of anything in their direction but you could see their pools at least. To the left you look over the expressway to the city and mountains beyond.

Both rooms had a tub next to the window that would permit you to be close enough to look out a floor to ceiling window - but the view was of the slab of Cosmo balconies across the way...

JZB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.