1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

this vegas addiction never dies!

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by gerry53, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wife and I have visited vegas 3 times in the past year (and many times before that) all the way from canada.

we were just there the first week of this month (july) for 6 nights and we were a bit tired of it by the 5th day but here we are dying to go back already!

we usually go to florida in september but we are really tired of the horrible heat and the irritating crowds and lines everywhere if we do parks and vegas is less than half the cost with great entertainment, comfortable weather in september and awesome food.

2. 4Vegas

4Vegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. I've found that 3 nights in Vegas is just about right.

3. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's the darndest thing! Whenever I stay for three nights I find myself wishing there was a fourth. Whenever I am there for four nights..on that last day I am usually wishing I was home because I am too tired to get drunk and chasing losses or trying to low roll and lock in a win!

This is mitigated, or aggravated depending on how you look at it, greatly by the fact that I get to Vegas atleast every 2 months.

But the next three trips booked for the year are all three nighters.

I Like to Drink and Gamble
  4. eloisegirl

eloisegirl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On my first trip to Vegas, I thought by day four that if I did not go home I might die. Now I can't wait until Sept when I go back, and I think I might die with the waiting!!! I feel like a teenager in love again, aching with longing to go there. Feels goooood.

5. Kimsa70

Kimsa70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas is great in September, and any other month in my opinion!

My first trip was 5 nights. Wayyyyy too long!

Second and third trips were 4 nights. Still too long. At 42, I cannot party it up 4 nights in a row.

Fourth trip was 3 nights. Perfect!

My next 2 trips are 3-nighters in August and over Labor Day followed by a 2-night
    weekend trip at the end of Sept. and then another 3-nighter over Halloween.

Enjoy your September trip!

6. BCguy

BCguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We booked another trip for Oct. after deciding Hawaii was out of our budget for this year anyway. We were in Vegas in May on a 10 day sojourn that included a night in Laughlin and 3 nights in Phoenix at a friends place so going back again this year wasn't really in the cards. But we booked again anyway.
    We find 5 nights is about right. We're not wild partiers when we do Vegas so ' Vegas burnout' is rare for us. Sometimes I just get a little tired of crowds and noise but usually when we get back I'm thinking of when we can go again. It really is a kind of addiction!

7. Srvanwyk

Srvanwyk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gotta love Vegas... Is it possible to not dream about ur next trip on ur flight home? We can't plan the next trip fast enough!

8. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So true. We'll be there in 5 days and it still seems too far away.

Viva la Vegas!

9. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    4 nights is my sweet spot. 3 doesnt do it, four lets me party hard the first, take a night off, then party hard again and then rest up for the trip home.

I did 5 nights and 6 full days there last sept. and I just got tired of the crowds and all that comes with trying to get around. I love LV and will do at least two trips a year forever, but 4 nights is enough for me.

10. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i agree that 4 nights usually right on the money. i used to do 3 nights and spent every minute gambling or doing something else. with 4 nights i can relax a little more and take it easy. but i did 5 nights one time and that was way too long. 2 months in between trips is usually perfect.

11. Reed

Reed High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Perfectly stated. My last couple of trips have been only three nights and it feels like there is just enough time for gambling so I go hard at it. Adding that extra night just seems to make it a slower paced and more casual trip. I feel like I have plenty of time to fit in everything I want to do.

12. THESwigs

THESwigs Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We only get there once a year right now(till we put the kids to the curb) so we try for at least 4 nights and the most 5, weve learned to not get the red eye home, it makes the last day way to long and I usually make dumb ass bets trying to "hit a big one " before we go. Weve found we like an ealrly afternoon flight so we are home by 10 pm. We do not mind getting there early on day 1, one can never get started early enough on day one. Nothing like dropping the bags throwing on a little cologne and hitting the town!!!!!!!

13. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I quit taking the late afternoon flight home, it didnt put me home until about 1 am or so and just made for a long, long day. I also found that waiting around the strip until 5pm to leave for the airport meant I had too much dead time to and would just gamble and typically lose $$$.

I started taking the morning flight home and I like that much better. I usually take it easy on the 4th night and get in bed early anyways. I am just not as young as I used to be I guess!!!

14. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also really prefer an early afternoon flight home to get home by 10 or 11 pm.

we have taken a red eye a few times to get a direct flight and get home in middle of the night.

I would rather have an early afternoon connecting flight than the red eye direct now. I also find the last day to be too long and am always watching the time because going home is on my mind which takes some fun out of the day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.