1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MLIFE Express Comp CLUSTERF***K!!

Discussion in 'Comps' started by JohnnySilk, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnySilk

JohnnySilk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MLIFE (clusterf**k!!) Take Note

FYI, i just returned from Aria (Friday-Monday) and much to my surprise there had been an internal accounting audit performed last week on express comps. My host tells me that accounting discovered many accounts that had "adjustments" made to them as a result of the system not deducting what it should have since the inception of MLife! Yep, total cluster.

Matter of fact, this past Friday i not only received my Fall mailer which says "comp yourself with $497 in express comps" but i checked the MLife website that same morning before my flight. Same $497 showing.

Once we arrived, my players card shows $0 in express comps. Thus, the explanation i got. So check your accounts and this is why the MLIFe web site is routinely down. Host says she has had tons of calls from her players raising hell. I'll have more of this in my trip report. MLIFE is such a clusterf**k!

2. Llew

Llew Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine dropped from $145 to $80 a couple weeks ago. It's possible that this was because of comped rooms, etc. not being deducted.

3. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are not the only one this happened to. Go on the MLife facebook page - many unhappy campers there. Same answer, they are doing an audit. The worst is that there is NO communication to the person whose express comps are being taken away. Surprise!

I had the opposite happen. My tier credits mysteriously went up 43,000 points over the course of 2 days. I had hoped I was part of the audit and they found that I wasn't credited with the right amount of tier credits. Nope. I got 2 different answers from 2 different people - but both say it is a mistake - yet the extra points are still there. I'm keeping my mouth shut about it from now on :)

4. TylerH50

TylerH50 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just went to the mlife site, and it was down. I guess they got flooded by message board members :evillaugh

5. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    my tier and express are the same

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There was similar talk a few weeks ago here about some "corporate audit" or something like that.

Sadly, you pretty much have noting to argue with them about this. There is no record or information about what you have earned, and what is spent.

By the way, if you show ZERO points, I would not rule out the every other day computer problem where points, EC, or Tier level disappears. A few days later, their Apple 2 computer kicks back in and stuff comes back.

7. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that's not true. there's no record that you can see, but they can see it. last trip my host broke it down every session during my trip with my avg bet, time played, theo and ECs earned. they have a very good record of it all. if only they put this info on the website where you could see it ...

as far as the OP goes, this is just one way they are trying to cut back on the total EC exposure. they've already changed the rules so that hosts are supposed to use all your ECs from each trip before they apply any primary comps. so basically there's no way to bank your ECs for the future anymore. there have been numerous reports of ECs that were used, but never disappeared from the player's account. that happened to me a couple of times a while back where i used ECs and a few days later a bunch just appeared out of nowhere like they were refunded. they are hell bent on reducing the EC exposure at all costs, PR be damned, and this audit is proof of that.

8. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I should have clarified my statement. Yes,it is in their system (when it works). The folks at the mlife desk seem to treat it as a big secret though. I would PAY them money to get access or a printout after each visit.

It is beyond me how the mgmt team at MGM spends so much money and makes the life of their staff so difficult. On a recent trip I watched the staff at checkin, checkout, players club desk and show ticket counter just stand there and stare at the screen. So sad. Oh yea, I stood at Kiosk like so many others and watched it time out more than once.

9. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is why I hate these "self-comping" and tiered point systems. One thing I'll give Wynn, I never had to worry about my point balance or anything like that - I showed up, I played, I got comped - when I wanted to go back, I called my host, he set everything up. No tiers, no points balance, just good old-fashioned comping the way it used to be done everywhere - and IMO, still should be done everywhere. When they try and corporatize everything down to the point & dollar & set up tiers to make comping more democratic and "efficient", it really just complicates, muddies up and takes some of the "fun" [for lack of a better word] out of the whole comping system.

Though if they're going to insist on using a split-point or self-comping system with MLife, I'm surprised MGM hasn't learned anything from Borgata in AC [which they used to [still?] co-own] - While they still have a "comp dollars" system, comp dollars there expire if not used within 180 days of being earned - at least that way, they reduce the exposure of having so many unused primary comps out there - which seems to be one of the primary reasons MGM has such an f***ed up system right now.

10. Luv2Play

Luv2Play Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I noticed my Mlife Express Comp disappeared 4th of July weekend.
    originally I had about $970 all of sudden shows balance of $540
    called Mlife, I was told they went through audit, realized some dates
    express comp system was down so they claimed last year Dec trip and
    this year March trip express comp was never taken out from my account.
    both times, they charged my credit card one week after my check out date
    without any notice.
    There are bunch of similar complaints on mlife facebook page.
    I was there last week at Bellagio.
    I lost my $ around 4k on stupid slots. in the past, host will comp my bills (avg only $200-$300) and I got to keep my express comp. however this trip, they would not give me any additional comp and kept insisting using my express comp.

11. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have negative express comps at the moment. No idea how that happened.
    Guess my host went negative on me.

12. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Accountants are running the asylum.

Reminds me of the Board Meeting at General Motors many years ago when they when their losses were getting larger and large. Accounting type at the end of the table jumps up and says he has the answer to their problems:

"If we close all the factories, we can save $xx billion dollars and make it out of this hole!"

Sadly, there are mgmt types at MGM that think the same way.

13. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    exactly, that's their new deal. totally sucks because you can never accumulate ECs anymore.

14. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Then I suppose it's a good thing that I am (finally) coming in with $350/day RFB... though I am sure that my measly couple of hundred in EC's will evaporate in the process!

Shifter -- you're pretty familiar with RFB. Shouldn't charges for meals/drinks at other MGM properties count towards that? I'd hate to think that I am limited to Aria for all of that! Also, is a "day" considered to be the period which ends at midnight? If so, I'll need to make sure we have a nice meal the first evening (arriving mid afternoon)!

One more thing... I think the RFB is typically for two people, correct? We're going to have my son along this time - what will be the impact of him dining with us???

15. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm assuming this is to cover any comps over an above your up-front offer. If I have a $300 food comp, they aren't going to take my EC's before they use that right - it would only be for food over the $300 amount.

16. Tubbs

Tubbs High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If using ECs before applying any additional comps has become standard practice, it's even less incentive for a low black chip BJ player like me to up their play.

Case 1 - I get a 4 night Bellagio room comp upfront through a host. I average 4 hours a day @ $150 per hand. I earn around $180 in ECs and have $800 in room charges. The host feels I have earned the room comp, does not offer anything else, and I use my ECs against the bill. I can get another room comp next time I want it.

Case 2 - I get the same 4 night room comp upfront through a host. I decide to up my play and average 4 hours a day @ $300 per hand. I earn around $360 in ECs and have $800 in room charges. The host feels I have earned the room comp, applies the ECs against the bill and takes another $200 off the room charges, leaving me to pay the remaining $240. I can get another room comp next time I want it.

So by doubling my play, all I have gained is another $180 ECs and $200 F&B comps!

Does that sound right or have I underestimated the additional F&B comps that the host is likely to pick up?

17. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    whatever upfront offer will be used first.

As to the question asked about taking son. Most RFBs have a set dollar amount these days. They really do not seem to care if there is one person or ten. Spend to that amount, and the rest is on you.

Old RFB may have had a limit, but few hit it. And, those were for two people. (higher end players got all they wanted, pretty much)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  18. Debh

Debh Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just wanted to say I got my missing express comps back.
    Not sure if it was because of m life or my host but I made a point to thank her for her help regarding my issues.
    cheers

19. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got in today for the first time since this started. They haven't touched my EC's yet.

20. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just checked and I have 0 EC. I had some applied to my account prior to check out and now I checked and ahve none and i gambled 1k after checkout and i had some, now none.. maybe i didnt live up to my 2 day comp?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.