1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo pool and Room question?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by rdrfn70, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdrfn70

rdrfn70 Low-Roller

Last stayed there about 7 years ago and it was pretty dirty the rooms and pool... Has anyone stayed lately in the remodeled rooms and gone to the pool? If so how was it? Thanks

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just spent 17 nites there had a go room ,its fine no problems.
    the big pool is now 21 and up and its fine but hard to get a chair if u dont early.theres a kids pool that older people also use

3. hattrick225

hattrick225 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm just back from 6 nights there.....

I've stayed in the Go Luxury Room w/ View twice in the past two years, and have really enjoyed the stay each time. The rooms are updated, and I've always found mine to be clean, no issues. One thing to point out, last year, my room had a south view, facing Bally's and Flamingo Ave, whereas my most recent visit had a view facing Caesar's. I very much perferred the south view to the Caesar's view for two reasons: (1) the Caesar's view has netting that obscures the view slighthly (not a deal killer for me, though) and (2) you can hear the constant, bass-thumping from Pure well into the morning hours. Both views had great views of the fountains. I've heard mixed reviews about the new FAB rooms, but have never stayed in one personally.

The Pool: My biggest dissapointment of the trip this time. I enjoy the Flamingo pool. As another poster pointed out, it is an adult pool now. So you'll be asked for id and room key at entry. No big deal, imo. But the pool is very crowded. Getting a lounger is very difficult. Having said all that, I enjoy the pool, the music, the atmosphere, and I can deal with the crowds. The disappointing part for me on this visit was this....I don't mind not having a lounger. I usually travel solo, so as long as I have a spot of concrete near the pool edge to stow my flip flops, towel, etc., I'm good to go. The practice of "reserving" loungers by placing towels over them, and then disappearing seems to have spread to the pool edge this year. Both times I was at the pool, nearly every inch of real estate at the edge of the pool had towels laid out, but no one in sight. I only went to the pool twice this trip, because I got frustrated at not being able to even find a spot to get in. YMMV .

Hope this is useful. Enjoy your stay

Vegas Vacation 2024
  4. john39

john39 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder if the pool will be less busy when I go the first week of October...I would think on week days it would be less busy, any thoughts?

5. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was in a GO room last year and it was awesome! The property still isn't the greatest, I mean it's old, but those rooms are wonderful. I went to a little party in the pool area, but we didn't go swimming or anything, but it looked really nice, people were even having a wedding outside there.

6. Alry45

Alry45 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So would you need to show up at 8 AM to "reserve" a lounger? Do they provide towels at the pool for hotel guests?

7. rdrfn70

rdrfn70 Low-Roller

Thx , yeah I am not in the Go rooms and I plan on being at the pool saturday so I guess I better get out there early. Anyone know about cabanas there? Thx

8. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes as many as u want ,its self serve

9. Kagedawg

Kagedawg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On weekdays, cabanas are approximately $350 for all day. This includes a bucket of beers or two specialty drinks, water, and some light food (i.e., cheese tray, fruit, or something similar). There may have been a special / combo deal if you buy a bottle of liquor as well (i.e., $400 for cabana and bottle), but I do not remember. I also do not think there was a limit on people you can have in there, although there are only approximately six sitting spots. Ultimately, it was just four of us so we opted to pass, but I think it would be definitely worthwhile if you have about six+ people and are going to spend all nine hours out there.

On weekends, the price goes up to high $400s at least. They also sell out pretty fast. For example, I was asking the cabana guy about rentals on a Tuesday and he was already sold out for Friday and Saturday.

10. denluvslv

denluvslv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got home last night from the Flamingo. We had a Fab Luxury reserved, but upgraded to a Go room. We had rm. 28048 facing the fountains. What a view! Fantastic room as well. The adult pool was crowded on Tuesday, but we found two loungers (approx. 2pm). On Wednesday, we went earlier (approx. 12:30) and could only find one. We went up to the family pool for loungers, found two. I think the crowd was more because the Peepshow crew (not Holly) was there.

11. rdrfn70

rdrfn70 Low-Roller

Thx for the input everyone I will report back when I get back.

12. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's no secret that Vegas loves the 90s, but out of all the famous 90s celebs that have come to town lately, this might be our favorite -- Vanilla Ice.

The white rapper turned home improvement show host will be hanging poolside next weekend at The Flamingo's GO Pool. Aside from lounging, signing autographs, posing for photos and dishing tips on drywall and roofing supplies
    And, yes, "Ice Ice Baby" is on the setlist. So are some songs from his new album (who knew?) WTF -- Wisdom, Tenacity & Focus.

The party starts at the pool at 2 p.m. on August 4

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.