1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CP pools and overall experience over PH

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by kidrock, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kidrock

kidrock Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello

I am staying at PH "comped" for my 5 night stay at the end of August.
    I see the CP 'Forum tower" will cost me $240 for the 5 nights.

Should I consider CP? How is the pools there and what type of crowd goes there?

I like PH Vibe but hate their pool.

also I am lazy so if I stay at PH I will just go to their pool. so staying at PH and visiting other pools is doubtful.

2. housdoc

housdoc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am in the same situation here, so the responses will help us both.
    We are in Vegas 9-5/9-10.
    We are also looking at the Flamingo to Stay just for the Pool, PH Pool sucks

3. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have all the info you need, other than the crowd. It's not as much of a party, younger crowd at CP. The pools are certainly larger and nicer at CP, although it's more the atmosphere than anything.

PH had the loudest and worst sound system I every heard last time I stayed there. Screeching music in a cold and small pool didn't do it for me. Bally's would have been better, and that's saying a lot. :)

4. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was just in the same scenario and selected Flamingo, because of the pool. I love PH and spend almost all my gambling $$ there, but the pool is miserable, no atmosphere, no shade, no comfort just a big loud concrete playground.

I dont really care for CP, too long of a walk, the pool is really beautiful, but not what I would call a party scene at all. IF you want a CET party pool scene then Flamingo is hard to beat.

5. sukiran

sukiran Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just my opinion, but there is no comparing the Flamingo pool to the Caesars pool. It's Coney Island vs. East Hampton. It's San Jose vs. Carmel. if you're a Left Coaster. You might say I really like the Caesars pools.

6. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    my biggest problem with the ph pools is there ice cold like 40 degress cold

7. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didnt mean to inflect that it was similair, I was trying to make the point that if you want a Jersey Shore style party scene, with crazy wild young girls CP is not your arena. I have been to both, I would take my wife to CP, I would not take my wife to Flamingo.

The OP seemed to be looking for a party scene, hence the mention of PH as opposed to CP.

8. silv3rstone

silv3rstone Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm staying at PH and want to avoid the pool there too. I have a few friends staying at Ballys. Can anyone tell me about their pool other than the obvious (that it has a deep end).

Also, I noticed that Flamingo is charging $15 now if you are staying at a different CET property. sucks...

9. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stayed at Ballys in April, we arrived on a Sunday, the pool was fun, they had a DJ and some decent drink specials. It was a mellow mix of young and old at the pool. We had a good time. Tuesday rolled around, no DJ, no music, no drink specials. Pool was really boring. I def like the setting, but there just wasnt much action. WE tried to go over to FLamingo, but they wanted to charge us so we declined. THe pool is the only reason I am staying at Flamingo on my Sept. trip. CET is hurting in the pool dept in my opinion.

10. john39

john39 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is the Flamingo Pool open during the Week, the first Week in October?

11. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't used the pool at PH, but I didn't have the greatest experience there. The service wasn't that great, and tons of noise from the Cosmo all hours of the night, the parking is a mess. It wouldn't ever be my first choice.., I love visiting, but I don't feel I need to stay there. I'm going again, because it's free. But I wouldn't be on my short list of hotels anymore.

12. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes yes and yes

13. Dawgs

Dawgs Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can PH guests use the PH Tower pool (or whatever it is called this week) off the Miracle Mile shops?

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.