1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Piers Morgan on Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Sklem211, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sklem211

Sklem211 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always like to watch some Vegas shows in the days leading up to my trip. I thought I had pretty much tapped them all out, but alas, I've found a new one! Here it is for all of you fellow addicts!!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6SKmnxUDDyg" frameborder="0" hd="1" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw this. Enjoyed it.

3. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :nworthy: . . . Thank you, thank you, thank you. It's one of the best that I've ever seen. . . .

4. lucky13

lucky13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    very cool , thanks for putting that up ......

5. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting. I saved it to my favorites for future watching.

6. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One more thanks for one of the few clips I've saved.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  7. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i found it entertaining but pierce annoys me lol

theres a 7 part doc (a bit older) on youtube that takes place at the LVH about high rollers interesting to see some peoples spending habits

8. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While the Piers Morgan Vegas show was good (it was good enough for me to archive to dvd), it is far from the best show on Vegas that I have seen.

For anyone who truly wants to get into the spirit of Vegas before a trip (or just want a little dose of Vegas between trips), the best documentaries I have seen hands down are the following two:

The Real Las Vegas

This nearly four hour A&E documentary features interviews with many experts and some of the most famous entertainers to grace the stages of Las Vegas in its heydey and is my all time favorite Vegas show. It covers Vegas from the very beginning to the mid 90's and has a lot of fascinating archival footage.

It was released and 1996 so it does not encompass the era after Bellagio was built but I can't imagine that anyone who is a Vegas fanatic would not love seeing this show again and again. It was written and co-produced by Susan Berman, whose father Davey Berman was a notorious Vegas mobster (right after Bugsy Siegel was assassinated, he walked into the Flamingo along with Moe Sedway and announced that they were taking over the operation). Susan Berman was murdered under mysterious circumstances a few years after completing this documentary. It is out of print, so you can get it secondhand here on Amazon or on eBay:

http://www.amazon.com/Real-Las-Vegas-Complete-Story/dp/B00005MKOF/ref=sr_1_3?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1342787629&sr=1-3&keywords=A%26E+las+vegas

Las Vegas: An Unconventional History

This PBS documentary is almost as good as the A&E documentary and was released in 2005 so it covers a few more years of more modern Vegas. This documentary is also out of print but you can get it secondhand on Amazon or ebay as well:

http://www.amazon.com/American-Experience-Vegas-Unconventional-History/dp/B000AXWHIA/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1342788994&sr=1-1&keywords=Las+Vegas%3A+An+Unconventional+History+%5B

If anyone has not seen either of these amazing Vegas documentaries I would highly recommend them as the cornerstone of any Vegas video collection. The Piers Morgan show is worth seeing, but these are much better...

9. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you! Never saw this one.:thumbsup:

10. cloudi63

cloudi63 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed this very much! it just keeps reminding me what an idiot I am when I over-do my gambling budget! like the host at Hard Rock said "Someone can pay for a ring-side seat online for $1,000, but he will give a free ring-side side seat, IF THE GAMBLER, GAMBLES $100,000 DOLLARS AWAY" I think I would pay $1,000 for the seat and save what was it again $99,000! but than again like it was stated "it's the thrill to the highroller to lose his/her azz! okay okay or the thrill to become even wealthier! however how many more times than not does this happen in Vegas?

11. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was a pretty damn good watch. Just the amazing aerial shots alone are worth the watch. Also enjoyed the sneak peek into the Mansion, and the interview with Steve Cry since I just got done reading his book.

Thanks for the share.

12. ATXTX

ATXTX VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting it. LIked seeing all the sights ...Jeeze that Morgan guy is so hostile - does he hate Vegas or just hate life?

When we Were Young
  13. cloudi63

cloudi63 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Morgan likes to get down to the nitty gritty! I love his realness! Too many people are afraid to say or ask what they truly feel or think!

14. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed it and I think Pierce Morgan tried to get some sort of story or tried to push buttons. The shtick with Paris Hilton was disturbing to me.

Steve Cyr annoys me, he's pushy in used car salesman kind of way. In other words, If was a super rich whale going to Vegas I would not use Steve Cyr. That's a huge IF!

15. rob889

rob889 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the post Sklem.

PS - have a good trip :)

16. john meriman

john meriman merri by name merry by nature

Trips to Las Vegas:
    morgan is an asshole-he tries to be controversial with comments that will provoke- his slobbering and fawning over the likes of paris hilton shows his true personality.(he also supports arsenal(uk soccer)with a blind over the top arrogance and condecending manner.):wink2::beer::beer:

17. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    pretty good stuff Paris was pretty funny i love that girl

18. BCguy

BCguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just watched it and kind of enjoyed it. I'm guessing it's 2 or 3 years old? I have no issues with Morgan or his interviewing style(could have done without Paris). I didn't get any sense he was presenting an overly negative view. Most of the stuff about the economic crash, mortgages, water issues have been reported elsewhere. Remember this seemed to be aimed at British viewers who may not know much of modern Vegas.

19. cloudi63

cloudi63 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think Mr Morgan tries to be controversial! I think he try's to give "food for thought" so to speak! Like he gives his perspectives, questioning, etc! to give people something to truly think about! As in different points of view And thank "God" for that! I don't expect for others to agree with me or think like me and it sure as hell wouldn't be the other way around as well! Since we should all have a mind of our own! And this includes anything and everything to do with Vegas when it comes to the rules of the game! i.e. Perks comps dining gambling tier credits point play host what one may or may not get doesn't mean another may get the same thing!

20. cloudi63

cloudi63 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    PS the whole Paris thing I do agree about was a bit over the top

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.