1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Upgrade to An Aria Corner Suite for $50 more?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by tonysoprano24, Jul 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonysoprano24

tonysoprano24 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never stayed at Aria but was intrigued by their corner suites and I notice from time to time my mlife or email will have offers for regular deluxe rooms for say $79 and then say something like Upgrade to a corner suite for $50 extra and more recently $100

That sounds like a deal since normally they go for around $300 I think

My question is are those "offers" legit? has anyone ever successfully upgraded to the corner suite for $50? how do you do it? at the time of booking or check in?

Or is it one of those things that they can get away with by advertising and then you book the regular room and they say we're all sold outta the corner suite?

Thanks

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They're legit. $50 is TOTALLY worth it, $100 borderline worth it.

If you're booking via their booking engine on the website, the price per night for Corner Suite should simply be $50 more than a regular suite.

Be aware that there are 2 flavors of corner suite, one of them is City View, which is better.

So you have Deluxe room at $x and Deluxe Corner Suite at $x +$50, those will both be on the west side of the building, facing the desert.

Then you'll have Deluxe City View at (a little more than x) and a Corner City View Suite at (a little more than x) + $50.

Example:

Deluxe Room: $99
    Deluxe Corner Suite: $149

Deluxe City View: $119
    Deluxe Corner Suite City View: $169

Snap up a Corner Suite any time you can get it for $50 more instead of $100. It's worth it. It's a one bedroom suite.

If they're sold out when you arrive, traditionally, they should upgrade you further. If you book a City View and they downgrade you to one facing the other way, they should rebate you whatever the difference is.

[YOUTUBE]65lxs2ttito[/YOUTUBE]

3. tonysoprano24

tonysoprano24 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sweet! and thanks for the video it looks amazing

I have free rooms at the Flamingo (first time ever) but I'm a sucker for nice hotels/hotel rooms when I'm on vacation...especially in Vegas

Too bad I'm not a huge gambler just a low rolling poker player haha but I'll jump on that $50 extra deal next time I see it

Even their deluxe rooms aren't bad for $79 for someone who isn't even a rated table player

and another thing their poker room is super nice as is their buffet...and with their locaiton and bellagio poker room right next door I think I might make this my new home even though it's above my budget but hey I'll just eat mcdonalds on all my vegas trips and stay in nice rooms!

4. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great job with the video. The bedroom view is fantastic. BTW, those modern sinks look cool but I hate them. They just don't work right for me. I almost bought some for my house when I did a remodel and after using them in Vegas, I'm happy I didn't.

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol. the sinks are just fucked up, I'm not a plumber, but I think it's just because the faucet is low rise and the sink is shallow, so when you go to wash your hands it's the worst of both worlds.

Other than that, the Corner Suites at Aria are excellent. Connectivity is excellent. the views are excellent, it has your own private fridge and the private bedroom.

6. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    These deals are 100% legit. In fact, I just came back from a 10 day offer at Aria where I did the $50 upgrade to the corner suite (with $100 resort credit and complimentary city view). I am MLife Gold and was upgraded to a Panoramic Corner Suite with a City View - both the corner suites and panoramic corner suites are amazing. You should go for it!!!

7. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with the others...at $50, it's a no-brainer. Even at $100, I'd still do it unless it was seriously eating into the rest of your budget by doing so.

The regular rooms are still very nice. But, the bathrooms are so huge that even with the rooms at 500-600 sq ft, the living area almost feels cramped. The corner suites solve this. Plus, the almost 270 degree views that all those floor to ceiling windows afford are pretty sweet.

8. Debh

Debh Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria corner suites are our home away from home when ever we are in Vegas.
    Yes the sinks are not perfect but everything else is lol

stayed in them over 12 times now and another trip booked for Sept.

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is a real suite. No like some places that call their larger room a suite.

Yes, worth the $50. Especially for a couple like us when one alway wakes up hours before the other. Go to other room, well the other sleeps.

10. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did the suite upgrade at Aria for my birthday and I thought it was great and well worth it... but even if you don't go for the upgrade their regular rooms are pretty nice as well.

11. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria does have two types of "corner suites".
    The one in Chuxx video is called a corner suite but is more like one of their "tower suites" as it does not have the 270 degree view.
    Windows are on the back wall only.
    The regular corner suites have windows on two sides and back wall windows.

The view is way better in the other type of "corner suite"as you are surrounded by floor to ceiling windows.
    There is a down side however.The living room is smaller and has a large pole in the middle of the room that the TV is mounted on.
    The living room actually feels a little cramped in the other type.

12. franco802

franco802 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the Aria. We have never stayed there, but it might be our next place to stay at. It's just so expensive when you count the damn resort fees. We usually stay Wed-Sat. The Friday price kills it.

13. ippaku

ippaku Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm staying Aria this weekend. I wanted to know how to use my Mlife gold upgrade. If anyone has anything to add let me know. Thank you all for the great posts.

14. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You might be hearing a bunch of people out here laughing. Laughing loudly. Sorry - this comes up often, usually in the form of a complaint.

Gold, or even Plat upgrades are mostly non existent. Yea, they happen. And when they do, it is usually from a deluxe to a luxury room, whatever that might mean. There are MANY varied levels of rooms in a hotel, most of which you would not even know about. You have a better chance of hitting the lottery than to get an upgrade to anything like a suite

15. ippaku

ippaku Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey I'm new. Laugh all they want. And thank you for your kind answer nostresshere

16. elvis66

elvis66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Typically the upgrade is for a better view or higher floor, not usually up a grade in room type but you can always ask

17. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or visit the $20 trick thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.