1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

For the germophobes

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by ken2v, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2012
  2. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh thanks, Sir. Now I have something else to worry about. I've got to have the smallest, most active bladder of any male. Way back in college women like to carpool home with me as I would always stop for potty breaks, and I doubt unless I dehydrated myself, I will use the plane's potty.

3. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are hundreds of strangers on each flight and the plane makes several trips a day - it is to be expected. The only thing you can do is make sure you wash your hands thoroughly with the antibacterial soap in the restroom and I ALWAYS grab a paper towel to use to open the door before I exit the restroom. I am not touching that bacteria trap with my bare hands!

I also bring extra napkins and spread them over the tray so that when I am eating I am eating on a clean surface....

4. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Germs aren't at the top of my worry list.

Nick:beer:

5. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't care so much on the way back, but on the way to Vegas I am more cautious because I go for about 10 days and the last thing I want is to be ill during a vacation I have been looking forward to for so long!

6. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jr, could not agree more. I am super cautious 1 to 2 weeks out from a trip and almost welcome a cold three or four weeks prior (just so I know I will be healthy for the trip). To bad you cannot induce a cold, one month out.

7. nubia11

nubia11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's funny because I'm kind of a freak about germs but I also don't want to sanitize to the point that I kill off all of the good bugs, leaving me with an immune system that can't cope. I try to be diligent without going overboard when it comes to antibacterial products.

But, yeah, those airplane bathrooms and tray tables are nasty...

8. nubia11

nubia11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I definitely notice every sneeze, sniffle and cough around me when I'm coming up on at trip. Eventually, I get paranoid enough that I start hitting the Emergen C like crazy. I don't even know if it helps but, it tricks me into thinking that I'm boosting my immune system. Sometime, I even throw in a little Airborne for good measure.

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After probably a few thousand flights, it is amazing that I am still alive. Since I drink onboard, I use the bathroom all the time. And I am not a hand washing freak, or use a paper towel to open the door.

Again, it is amazing I am alive.

10. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would like to think that the using the bathroom and hand washing comment are not related.:evillaugh

Gross warning: On more than one occasion I have seen men come out of a bathroom stall, not wash their hands, just head out the door and they weren't taking a pee in there. I use the towel on the handle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.