1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games Two train wrecks.

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by jhpa, Jul 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhpa

jhpa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    These two stories are extracts from my recent trip report:

Craps

I had one of the more interesting and bazaar craps sessions at Main Street. We bought into a table with about 6 other players and a very intense guy was shooting right next to the stick. He had long hair in a pony tail and sunken eyes. He was not dirty or looking like a street person, just a little sccentric. He was shooting from the don’ts and he was betting large. I mean large. It was a 20 Times odds place and he was betting $25 don’t pass and $25don’t come bets on every roll and he was taking MAX ODDS! So for a $25 don’t come bet on the 4 he was laying $1000. But the thing was – HE WAS LOSING! HE WAS HITTING NUMBER AFTER NUMBER AND POINT AFTER POINT! Sevens were not even hitting on the come out. The eerie thing was, the table was dead silent. People were whispering their bets. When he made a point it was a little clap or cheer, but nothing like it usually would be with everyone (other than him) making a ton of money.. People were watching a train wreck He would bend over the rail and set the dice with his head almost touching the rack. And throw the dice. We would all win and he would lose. He rolled for easily 15 minutes. I saw him buy in for $10,000 twice. Finally, he sevened out and immediately left.

When he did we all looked at each other and shook our heads. I took my $100 up to over $300, then back down to $200 when I cashed out. I had to remind myself that we have no idea what he did yesterday. He may have won twice the amount he lost. That is the way craps is. But it was very strange to watch.

BlackJack

We were just about to leave Imperial Palace about 6 to head up to dinner. Mr G had joined us and we were waiting for him to finish up at blackjack. J and I were watching a rather inexperienced (to say the least!) player at his table. She was dealt a pair of Aces. Even I know to split them. She agonized over it and decided not to. She called for a card – a queen. Hit again. A Third Ace. Hit again …the fourth Ace. Hit again. A King. It was painful to watch….she busted with four aces and two face cards.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.