1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anyone Eaten at Stack or Kokomos

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by TylerH50, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TylerH50

TylerH50 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking for advice on your experiences at Stack or Kokomos @ The Mirage. I've stayed at The Mirage multiple times, but haven't eaten at either restaurant. I have Ron White tix on 9/2 and I am looking at those 2 places for dinner prior.

2. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kokomos no, Stack, yes.... They do a nice job... Great vibe in the place... I absolutely love the walls and ceiling. Amazing design element. Important aspect of dining for me, but i'm weird.

Nick:beer:

3. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kokomo's yes but with a qualifier. I ate there before renovations so take this with a grain of salt. It was FABULOUS!. But again it was a few years back. I am sure you will get more recent reviews.

4. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

I've eaten at both. I prefer Stack. I've eaten there dozens of times, fun classics with a twist. Beautiful dining room, though, it is a bit loud. So be prepared for that. I've only been to Kokomos once and I wouldn't go back. I thought it was lackluster and overpriced for the experience.

5. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ate at Kokomo a couple years ago

Loved the tropical vibe.
    We had the prix fixe meal--MUCH better value than the regular menu & excellent meal!
    (WAIT...just looked at the prix fixe meal...ours was only $2pp9 2 years ago; now it is $49.99pp. Now their is a $14 upcharge for filet--it was included 2 years ago. Still a better value than the regular menu, BUT not quite as impressive as 2 years ago!)

6. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at Kokomo's in June and it was fantastic once again. A buddy that was with me said that was the best filet he'd ever eaten!

7. dmbrat

dmbrat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never been to Kokomo's but can highly recommend Stack. They have (or at least had) these kobe chili cheese fries that are off the chain. As best I can tell, it's almost exactly the same concept as Fix at Bellagio, in case you've ever been there.

8. dawgfan11

dawgfan11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would highly recommend Stack, my wife still talks about the dinner we had there 2 years ago

9. jacj2020

jacj2020 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Feedback

Stack - The food is excellent, but the music is loud . I prefer environments were conversations can be held in near normal voices. The steamed lobster was perfectly prepared and the tomato bisque soup was exceptional!

Kokomo's - a solid steak and chops choice. Have never tried the seafood. Personally the rainforest backdrop was too dark for my taste. I also thought the interior needed updating.

However, without exception, my favorate Mirage dining is Japonais!

10. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Spot on:nworthy:

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.