1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Iheartradio music festival - 9/21-9/22

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by PokerrNutt, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PokerrNutt

PokerrNutt High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In September, my son and his girlfriend are coming to Vegas with me. We'll be there during the time of the IHEARTRADIO Music Festival - being held at MGM Studios. It's a 2 day event - featuring some big names - and you have to buy separate tickets for each day. I thought it'd be a neat thing for them to go - I wasn't planning on going myself.

The tickets started at $81 and were scheduled to go on sale through Ticketmaster on Saturday (7/14) at 1 PM EST.

Well - supposedly the tickets were sold out in 1 min 17 seconds. And minutes later - the tickets were on sale on eBay and such for $500 to $9000 a seat!!! Crazy!

So - my question - if those ticket sites don't sell those tickets - what do they do with them? And, besides entering various contests to win tickets or paying a ridiculous price, is there any other way I can get them?

I never dealt with this sort of thing, so, I'm just wondering.......

2. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, it's a radio concert so every Clear Channel radio station is giving away a ton of the tickets. Probably the entire upper deck at the Grand Garden.

http://www.1043myfm.com/go/iheartradio-music-festival/win.html#win (this is my local station, find your local one for more info)

http://festival.iheart.com/go/iheartradio-music-festival/stations.html#content

They are giving away like 8 trips a day.. probably for the next month or so..

The tickets will sell, if they don't get 5k they will keep lowering the price, keep an eye on it as it gets closer. But, remember how high the face value is, even if they go down a lot it's still expensive. Or you can always go to MGM that day and see if anyone is selling any... also I know 1iota.com did some seatfilling, and obstructed view seats (free).

My friend went last year, she said there were a lot of empty seats, I'm guessing due to the contests and the brokers.. I was in town, but I didn't get to go, just too expensive!

3. PokerrNutt

PokerrNutt High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for the response - I have been doing the contests and I will check that website out.

I have a really hard time believing that they sold out 16,000 seats in less than 2 minutes....

Just curious - I see your upcoming trip is at the time of the concert - are you going this year?

4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    99.9 percent of the tickets are give aways.most acts play for around 30 minutes or less.its basicaly a kickback from the artist.they play there festivail for free and we will play yor cds.

ps check out the artist that are playing fan clubs also mgm if your a High Roller

5. lostaktex

lostaktex Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hi,is there still another opinion to buy some (cheap) tickets? we are from germany and it is a little bit difficult with the tickets.we don´t know which side is serious and something like that. perhaps someone here could help us.
    thanks and many thanks for this side.thumps up!

Jens

6. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

Watch stubhub and comparable sites leading up to the event. If the demand isn't there the prices will drop. I've had success picking up tickets at a fair price a week or so before a sold out show.

7. heatherlovesvegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea like said below most of the tickets were/will be given away to contest winners or VIPS they weren't even on sale to begin with. LOL they just like to sound ~important.

I wanna go, but not if I have to pay those prices. If I can pull up a good deal or win a contest I'll do it :). But I mean a nose bleed seat is more than our entire suite plus the gas to get there cost LOL!

8. lostaktex

lostaktex Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    is there a opportunity to buy tickets at tix4tonight for a `normal´price? did someone here know this?

Jens

9. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no ,and no

10. heatherlovesvegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1iota.com has Seatfiller tickets up, but doubtful you can get them now. (It's been up a while)

Best bet would be pay attention the day of/ week of the shows to Stubhub and similar places, see if you can score something at a normal price, and keep checking back on ticketmaster. Clearly, they aren't going to sell those single, last row upper deck ticket for $550, they are going to have to come down.

http://www.stubhub.com/iheartradio-music-festival-tickets/

I'm gonna keep an eye on it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.