1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

My Opinion of Revere Golf Club for a Wedding

Discussion in 'Vegas Weddings' started by raraavis, Jul 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am going to do a review of each wedding venue I visited, and the first section of each review will be the “Background.” If you have already read the background from another one of my reviews, feel free to skip to the actual venue review.

Background
    I got engaged in December 2011. After a month or so of trying to settle on a state (yes, I said state), we decided on Nevada (Las Vegas specifically of course). My family/friends are primarily in Michigan; fiancé’s (we’ll call him J from now on) are in New York City area. We live in NJ. If we had it in either Michigan or NJ, we would have well over 250 guests since we assumed that most people would be willing to make the drive (or short flight if they choose) to either location (p.s. we have many friends in Long Island, and it would be at least a 1.5 hr drive for them to come to our area in NJ). Then J kept saying it wouldn’t be fair to his friends and family if we got married in Michigan (where it is at least half the cost of NJ weddings btw). So I countered with the same argument for my friends and family, haha. We were at a stalemate. Well I had mentioned Vegas when we first got engaged and told J it is my number 1 choice. But J was hesitant about having a destination wedding. After thinking of the pros and cons of being married in the mitten (aka, Michigan) or in NJ, J finally agreed that Las Vegas was actually the most practical and fun thing to do. Next on the list was to make sure our very closest family and friends would be ok with flying to Vegas for our wedding because frankly they are the only ones that matter!

We booked a good deal at Bally’s for Sun-Thurs and stayed with my dad the other days of the trip (he lives there). My initial plan was to see 13 venues, but I decided not to see the two at mt. Charleston. So I only saw 11 venues over the course of 3 days. It was a lot!!

Basically the type of wedding I want is a non-religious ceremony followed by a traditional wedding reception. I do not want to get married in what I deem a “wedding factory”, which is what some of the venues I saw felt like. In the same regard, I do not want a chapel wedding at all. I did check on the strip, but nothing met our needs or was within our budget. I began my search in January and finally narrowed it down for our June trip. My tastes revolve around golf/country clubs apparently. We are planning for a Thursday wedding in October 2013.

Revere Golf Club
    2600 Hampton Road Henderson, NV 89052
    http://www.reveregolf.com/Wedding-Overview-Tabs_769b87e775.html
    [​IMG]

I met with Margie at 12 on Sunday June 17 (also Father’s Day). I made the appt. the week before via email. Margie asked to make the appt. for another time because they had a big Father’s Day event the day I wanted to go. Unfortunately, I couldn’t squeeze them in any other time. The same thing happened with another venue. I was ready to just write these places off since I wouldn’t see them in person. I’m glad the coordinators were able to see me because Revere and the other Father’s Day venue I saw ended up in my top 5.

Margie is very nice, and I could see myself working with her. Unfortunately, she is not the event coordinator. She was filling in for Lindsay who was on maternity leave at the time. I really liked Revere, but I would have a hard time booking a place where I haven’t met the person I will be working with for a year. That being said Lindsay has been very nice and responsive through email.

Margie shows us the main lobby restaurant area (there is a brunch going on at the moment). There are lots of big windows that give great views of the strip and mountains. That area would be the cocktail hour (the big bar is there too). The reception room is a little lackluster for me, but they had half of it closed off for another event. It was difficult to imagine a wedding there because they separated the rooms, and they were actually cleaning up from a wedding the night before. It was still a nice room with more big windows. I didn’t take any pictures because it really didn’t highlight how they looked since they were cleaning. I suggest checking out their website for pictures.

Next Margie puts us on a golf cart, and we head to the ceremony site. It is about 300 yards from the Revere clubhouse, and they provide shuttles to/from the ceremony site for all guests. The ceremony site is on the golf course (Margie said they ensure no one will be coming through golfing at the time of the wedding).
    Strip View from ceremony site
    [​IMG]

ceremony site
    [​IMG]

There are also a ton of houses that back right up to the golf course. That is a con for me as it feels like I might be having my wedding in someone’s backyard. But Margie says they contact the owners and let them know all dates of events and ask them not to have BBQs or parties on the day of the event. That’s nice and all, but there is still something about it I don’t like. I want my wedding to be private to where only the wedding guests get to enjoy it.

Also, the ceremony site is all grass (duh), and my grand entrance would be coming down a hill. I am not sure about that either since I will be wearing heels. And the wind is so much stronger there than other places I visited. It still was beautiful though. Even with all of these cons, I still consider Revere one of my top choices.

One big problem that can’t be ignored is the price. The lowest package (Silver) would cost $11,000 for 80 people plated. That price doesn’t include floral, DJ, and photography, which I must contract myself. J and I were trying to avoid that; we really wanted an all inclusive package since we are far away. That was the cheapest option. The most expensive package (Platinum) is almost $14,000, and I would need to contract floral and photography myself (DJ is included in this package). Even though I really liked Revere, I am afraid we probably couldn’t afford it.

If you can afford their price tag, I would definitely recommend this site for a wedding from what I saw. It’s a beautiful place for a wedding, and Margie is really nice.

2. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice write up.
    I was surprised when I went to Yelp to read golf course reviews in Las Vegas. About a third of the reviews were reviewing the courses solely from the view point of having a wedding there. Very interesting.

3. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the reviews. I really enjoyed reading your opinions and the pictures. Thanks for all your work. This should be really helpful to someone planning a wedding

4. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks! yeah i had the opposite problem actually. every time i tried to find reviews of these golf clubs for wedding purposed, i kept finding reviews for golf!

5. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks so much! i hope it helps someone! i tried to find reviews like these on vmb when i started researching for my wedding, but there weren't any. i know there are lots of threads on chapels and whatnot, but i thought maybe there are people who might want something different than a chapel. i'll be happy if it helps even one person in the crazy wedding planning process!

6. Rara'sFriendJennie:p

Rara'sFriendJennie:p Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Eh

For you, this is a no. I don't like the openness of the "ceremony site" and you won't like your entrance... 1) All grass means lots of ability to fall, 2) how far do you have to walk while people stare at you and 3) What if the weather is crappy? For the price they are asking, you should get much more than they offer at a much better quality.

7. Twinks

Twinks Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had my wedding at Revere in April of 07." I chose that place because of the ceremony area on the golfcourse. I wanted to walk over the big hill and have the long entrance. The day came and it was freezing and we had a wind storm so we couldn't have the ceremony outside. It ended up being in a tiny all purpose room. Good thing we only had 35 people. It was about 5 steps from the entrance to the altar. Not what I had planned at all! The Bridal suite where you get dressed and hang out with the bridal party is just the public bathroom. Between the little room and batroom, I did not get the kind of pictures I wanted. The reception was fine. It was a fraction of the price the op has listed. Overall I would recommend it as long as the ceremony is outside.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.