1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How's the Cosmo buffet recently?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Willy, Jul 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Willy

Willy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember when it opened everyone was raving about the Cosmo Buffet, and then it seemed to get a thumbs down from more people as time went on. Since my trip is next week is the Cosmo still a must do buffet? Anyone been lately who can comment?
    Thanks

2. Sklem211

Sklem211 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there on June 1st and I really enjoyed. It was my second time and I can say that I did enjoy the first time more but there was nothing that made me dislike it the second time...just more options that I liked the first time and I hoping when I go back in a few weeks it will be just as good as the first. One thing I do think isn't the greatest is that you pay before even getting into the line, its kind of like you're stuck from that point if you get tired of waiting to get in and they misquote how long it will take to seat you.

3. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FYI, that ALWAYS happens, especially in the Vegas buffet world. Sometimes it is true, but usually return visits can't sustain the "wow" factor that blew away the first time. Wicked Spoon may have dropped off slightly, but I have visited 6 or 7 times now, and it is still one of the best in Vegas.

With the 4 big guns: Wynn, Bellagio, Cosmo and M Resort, you can't go wrong. For every negative comment about any of these, visit at changeover, ie 11 am for lunch or 430 for dinner, and tell me that any of them are bad. People visit buffets at 9 pm and choose to complain that the "gourmet" spread didn't live up to their previous visit, which happened to be at a peak turnover hour.

Nick:beer:

4. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cosmo buffet

My neighbor stayed at the Cosmo last week and she said the Cosmo buffet was lousy. She likes to eat lots of fresh cooked meats and veggies.

I think that if you are willing to pay for the price of the buffet then go eat there because I always find something good to eat at any buffet.
    I used the word good not great. I haven't found any great buffets yet.

I like eating at the Vegas buffets because I always find something good to eat. I prefer to buy the special deal of the 24 hour buffet for $48.99, and I am able to eat at 6 different hotel buffets.

5. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cosmo buffet was lousy? C'mon man! Not as good as Wynn, i'm ok with that.... M Resort Studio B was twice as good, ok fine. Wicked Spoon was lousy? No, I don't buy it. Nope.

Nick:beer:

6. Alasted

Alasted Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there two weeks ago. Didn't care for it.

Pass.

7. worldtraveler661

worldtraveler661 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lousy compared to what? LOL. What do most of these reviews compare them to.
    Your friend was looking for fresh cooked meats... what about the ones they carve in the middle of the buffet area. Most other buffets have that and they couldnt have missed that.

And are you referring to the Total Rewards 24hr deal? While Rio is decent and Paris/PH are edible, the rest of the other hotel buffets arent even to the standards of what Wicked Spoon and the top buffets are. The rest of the buffets are not even worth putting in the price of that $48.99 deal. Might as not even have them up there.

I suggest your friend go to the M buffet, the selection may suite their needs.

8. AStack75

AStack75 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went to Wicked Spoon about a month ago. We enjoyed it but I don't plan on going back. I prefer Bellagio's buffet over Wicked Spoon. No King Crab Legs at Wicked Spoon.

LucyR... Fresh cut meats was one of the things Wicked Spoon did really good IMO. Not sure what your friend was talking about.

9. Willy

Willy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies. Varying opinions, so im still unsure. I think I will definitely take a tour through the buffet before I commit either way though.
    Thanks again.

10. djegators

djegators Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

I wouldn't let this decision weigh so heavily if I were you. We're talking about one meal, and that meal is a buffet. Its a top notch hotel, so I am guessing even if it isn't the best, it will be very good, or you will at least find something to satisfy you.

For me personally, I really get a kick out of trying new restaurants, and I also like first hand experience, you know, to see if the internet experts are right or not.

I really don't think you have much to lose, just the price of one meal, and you will be fed for that money, so give it a try, and let us know what you think!

11. BarbaryCoast

BarbaryCoast Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do they still have that slab bacon in the morning they cut like a roast? It was awesome. Thanks

12. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i thought their Carving Board was weak compared to the Bellagio and Wynn!
    It was on par with the middle buffets. Their other stations were delicious and imaginative. Their apps. and salads sections were also weak. Desserts on par with the best of them.

13. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Nothing compares to either Wynn or Bellagio when it comes to the carving station.

14. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems to me that it was a poor decision to choose a buffet if she likes freshly cooked. No wonder she was disappointed. It's like asking for pizza at Serendipity.

15. brownies95

brownies95 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I ate there on Monday. It just wasn't for us. Don't get me wrong. There were lots of food choices and it's a nice place with good service, but we really couldn't find a whole lot there that we liked. I guess we like our breakfasts a little simpler..lol.

Tim:peace:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.