1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mlife Point Question

Discussion in 'Comps' started by BeeeJay, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just want to get confirmation of some mlife concepts for bankroll and play planning going forward as I've decided to go exclusively mlife on my twice per year 3-night future trips.

My understanding as a current platinum player is that mlife points are earned at a rate of 1 point per $1.50 coin in. I've also read that $2 slots=$10 video poker. Therefore I am assuming as a platinum video poker player i am earning 1 point per $7.50 coin-in.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

2. BeeeJay

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am also of the understanding that each mlife point equals 10 tier credits and therefore I would need $0.75 per tier credit * 200,000 tier credit to mae platinum = $150,000 coin-in per year to maintain platinum.

3. BeeeJay

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And that this $150,000 coin in divided by $7.50 per express comp point times $0.02 per point would equal $300 in express comps.

4. BeeeJay

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And the Theo loss on the 3% house advantage short-pay video poker we play (adjusted for play errors) would be about $4500.

5. Kimsa70

Kimsa70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Correct...you earn 1 point per $7.50 bet on video poker.

As for the tier credit calculation...I think you're spot on, but the actual tier credits earned are still perplexing to me....it never seems to match the formula.

And I think you would earn more than $300 in express comps...I
    got 163,000 tier credits one trip but ended up with $392 of express comps...and I'm currently Platinum, too.

6. BeeeJay

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My questions are: Is all of the above correct? Are they really only giving 7% of the in express comps ($300/$4,500). How much point play does the $150,000 coin in get me? If I spend 6 nights in Vegas per year, what is the bankroll requirement per day to reasonably expect to hit $25,000 coin in if i stick to $1 bonus deluxe (variance halfway between JOB and DDB)? I'm thinking 3x Theo or about $2,500 per day. Opinions welcome!

7. BeeeJay

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually I feel I'm being reasonably comped for $4,500 Theo should get around $1,500 comps. Say $500 freeplay and $300 express comps plus 6 nights rooms at Bellagio, I'm prob getting about what I should.

8. Kimsa70

Kimsa70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My theo is much lower...it goes from 3100 to 2200 range. I've taken 5 trips since last October, staying at Bellagio twice, Mandalay once, Aria once and Four Seasons once. Total 18 nights in 1-bedroom suites, total $4400 freeplay, $2000 comped F&B, and earned about an additional $1700 express comps and 817,000 tier credits. I think they're being overly generous for my level of play on high limit slots. But I'm enjoying it while the ride lasts!!!!!

9. smac

smac Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure about VP but for slots I believe it works like this:

Every $2.00 = 10 Tier Credits
    Platinum = 200,000 Tier Credits so, to achieve Platinum it takes 40,000 coin-in
    I guess using the $10 = 10 Tier Credits you would have to put through 200,000 coin in to get to Platinum.

Then there are PointPlay and Express Comps:

For lower level cards you accumlate PointPlay and Express Comps for every $2.00 coin-in
    For Gold cards you accumlate PointPlay and Express Comps for every 1.75
    For Platinum you earn PointPlay and Express Comps for every 1.50

I think once a slot and VP both reach the same level they would both accumlate the same. Could be wrong...sure wouldn't be the first time.

10. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had the same belief as smac. I assumed the point bonus for the higher tiers only affected pointplay bonus and not tier credits. It still was still 10 for $2 or 10 for $10(VP) at the higher tiers.

11. BeeeJay

Trips to Las Vegas:
    makes sense the tiers would be static, no reason to make it easier to maintain. I have read that quite a few places though.

express comps I understand for sure (i think). 2 cents for every $7.50 coin in on VP.

I would really like to know the equivalent formula for point play so I can figure its value. I believe it to be quite a bit lower, just based on the point play accrual vs. express comp accrual on my latest trip. Seemed like maybe 1/2 cent to 1 cent per "point" or $7.50 coin in. It seems like I earned around $200 in express comps and $50 in point play, but that is just a fairly innaccurate guess as I had existing balances and used some of each as I went.

Also interesting my tier points dipped under 200,000 at one point after my return, but have now increased back above, thankfully.

12. BeeeJay

Trips to Las Vegas:
    interestingly, I was reviewing the useless mlife FAQ and see it lists BOTH accelerated point earning AND accelerated express comps as benefits of certain tiers so I do think the tier points at platinum are 10 per $7.50 coin in as previously discussed.

of course this could refer to point play points and not tier credits, although I think I read it is base points upon which all things are based.

I'll bet not even the guy who programmed it at MGM knows, he was probably drunk off his ass and barely dropped Andre's mom off on his way to work the morning he gaffed this whole fubar.

*** please not Macker, equal opportunity insulter ***

13. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    points are different from tier credits. any time they say the word "point" they're talking about slot points. TCs are not accelerated at any tier.

14. Dr.Dre

Dr.Dre Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone have any idea how M Life calculates Tier credits for blackjack? I have seen on this forum that express comps seem to be 13% of theo (which I think is generally considered to be 1.5% of avg bet x number of hands) and primary comps are 27% of that totalling 40%. I have also seen that you can get 10 tier points for every $2 coin in for slots, but I haven't seen anywhere an estimate of Tier credits for blackjack. If any of my math above is wrong please feel free to correct, and if you have an idea of how to calculate Tier credits, I'd appreciate some insight.

I plan to play $25-50/hand (mostly 25).

Thanks.

15. Tubbs

Tubbs High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the early days of Mlife, the website stated that $25 BJ for an hour earned 550 TCs.

16. Tubbs

Tubbs High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BeeeJay - I think you have the correct figures for earning ECs and points. My understanding is that there is no accelerated earning for TCs so 200,000 coin-in at VP is needed to earn Platinum.

17. ttom

ttom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BeeJay spending only 6 mights a year in Vegas is like..... - well we heard all the Macker's mom jokes already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.