1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How busy does Vegas get with a 30k people convention?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by dfalk, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In Oct there's a convention at the las Vegas convention center that brings in 30k people during the weekday. Will I notice a big difference? I'm use to/like the slower times during the week, never been on a weekend. I'm mostly concerned about table limits, I'm stayin at Ballys and like to play $10-15 BJ. What'd you all think?

2. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A convention of that size will still result in lower foot traffic than weekends. Fri night through midday Sunday is the busiest time in Vegas outside of the 2 or 3 monster conventions and a few key holidays.

You should have no problem finding $10-$15 tables midweek, midstrip.

Nick:beer:

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So hard to say. For years I attended the National Assoc of Broadcasters convention-usually 100,000+. Thurs-Sun for most and they were so very cheap, you hardly saw an impact at the tables. Generally everything else was crowded, but not the tables. 30k isn't really that big for LV.

4. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think all 52 weeks of the year there is at least one convention going on in town. Some just bigger than others. Cine-Con was going on when we were there in april.

5. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The weekend is going to be much much busier in Las Vegas than a weekday with a 30,000 person convention in town.

Since the convention is actually at the convention center its likely you will barely notice any overall change in Las Vegas - 30,000 sounds like a lot of people, but they are going to be spread around to the different hotels (and those who have their company footing the bill will be mostly staying and playing at the higher end hotels).

6. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a decent size, but in itself not really of note for the town. Keep an eye on what other ones may be in town at the same time, as October is a good convention month. Many times there's one decent sized one and several smaller ones around town and it can have a bit of an impact. Of concern, to me is usually when they end as it can adversely affect the security lines at the airport.

7. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the answers, glad it won't be a big difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.