1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best value golf near strip

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by celticnoel79, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. celticnoel79

celticnoel79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok so ive asked this before my last trip but heres the story. I always try and get at least 1 round of golf a trip but im limited as far as courses go.

1) I dont drive in Vegas, NEVER....EVER! So taxi to and from the course is a must, i know i know, its much easier/cheaper/better to hire a car etc etc but to me no way, im in Vegas to relax and driving stresses me the **** out at the best of times never mind in Vegas. You guys drive on the wrong side of the road and beep those horns which would get my blood boiling! lol

2) Ive so far got round this by playing courses such as LV National, Angel Park (both courses) and Siena, of all the courses i enjoyed Siena the most but the others where good too, as long as im on a course and its not pi55ing it down with rain (Like it does here in Scotland) im a happy man!

3) Im looking to keep within a budget of under $300 if possible. That would include cab to/from the strip (Staying at Mandalay Bay) fees on the course and club rentals. I realise this dramatically reduces my options but as i said as long as i get a game im gonna be happy.

So of all the options listed what would be my best bet? I really wouldnt mind playing any of the ones ive already played again but would be nice to have a change of scenery.

Cheers, James.

2. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you tried E-Z Golf or Golf Now.com?

Theres some good deals on there to be had. I've never played in LV,but if I was going to,this is where I would start. Off the top of my head,I would think you could get at least two rounds in for $300.

3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have no idea how much it would cost to hire a car/taxi, but I'd probably start and end my search at Las Vegas Paiute. Check the website for current all-inclusive (golf, lunch, rental, replay) rates.

But like I said, I have no idea what it would cost to have someone take you out there and come back to fetch you.

(And it's an easy drive. All freeway to the middle of nowhere!)

4. celticnoel79

celticnoel79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As stated I will not be driving at all in Vegas, basically im out to get a game of golf, have a few beers on the course and if its a nice sunny day then all the better. Im not looking for a 5* golf experience just somewhere pretty close to the strip where I can hit a few balls around a course. Quick taxi fare finder search for Paiute returned a price of $91.23 and thats ONE WAY! Throw in the round at $89 and $60 rentals and thats more than i'm willing to spend.
    Im thinking of maybe trying Badlands, Lexington, Legacy???? Or just play one of the courses ive already played again. Im not going to Vegas until Dec but I like to be organised :wink

5. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of those three I'd play Lexington. But it ain't cheap, not in high season, and you do know it's way down south in the Henderson foothills, no? Certainly won't be a Paiute tab, but it's not back door close.

Have you checked the Walters courses? Say, Stallion. At one point they had shuttle service.

6. celticnoel79

celticnoel79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah Ive been quoted $145 for Lexington but it looks outstanding and not too far away from the strip (Under $100 return cab fare). So including rentals that would be just about the limit i'd be willing to pay.

*Edit, I just noticed they run a shuttle service to and from any strip hotel, what exactly does that mean? Someone comes and picks you up and then drops you back? Some pretty good special rates through the Revere website also. I cant find prices for Dec obviously but nearer the time Ill defo be checking them out.

Cheers Ken, ill check out Stallion too

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  7. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Taking you at your word that you just want to hit the ball around, how about:
    http://www.lasvegasgc.com/rates
    Cheaper cab ride from the Strip, still probably $35 each way, + tip.
    Only municipal in the city of Las Vegas. Grass tee to green, but since it is a municipal, expect a possible 4-5 hr round depending on the day.
    Both my wife and I were on leagues here. Nothing fancy and depending on the weather, fairways could be dried out, or greens in rough shape, but you can say you played a round in Vegas and it didn't cost you $300.

Now I turn this thread back to the golfers who hate this course.

8. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do check out Stallion, but if Revere is in your wheelhouse, Lexington is a far more interesting play than Stallion.

9. celticnoel79

celticnoel79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Page isnt loading Joe :confused2:

10. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Durango Hills, too.

11. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As always, you are correct Ken!:thumbsup: Never played there.

12. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like the site is down right now. Try tomorrow.

13. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When are you going? If it's the right time, you could play Bali Hai. No cab fare to speak of. All that $300 could go towards club rental and green fee.

14. celticnoel79

celticnoel79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not going until late Dec so got plenty time to mull over all my options.....

15. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's not high season, so you will be able to find some bargains, including Bali Hai. Strange about that course though. They never come way down like some of the other high end courses do.

16. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But it isn't value season, either.

As for Bali, the joint ain't as usurious as it once was, but it still banks on what I consider a false reputation of being a top-tier play that relates solely to its geographic position and aggressive marketing. They crammed way too much merde into too small of a bag, and the urban intrusions are rampant. And while they no longer have the stones to charge north of 4 bills, bang-for-buck it remains one of Vegas' worst plays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.