1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo Go Pool

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by MMacys1, Jul 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MMacys1

MMacys1 Tourist

Just finished our Vegas trip. 7/2-7/6. Just wanna give details of the pool for everyone seeking info.

Pool opens at 8am. Line starts forming around 7:30am. If your not in by 8:30-9:00am don't expect to get a lounge chair! Bring your room key and YOUR GOVERNMENT ID....If you look under 40 you WILL get carded! Do not bring any Outside FOOD or DRINK! You will either have to dump it or bring it back to room! You can bring a bag but they will LOOK inside. I had a book bag they searched the big pocket but not the little pockets. I could have snuck a small bottle of something or food in the small pockets.

We did 3 days at the pool the first day we entered very late. At 10am there werent any lougers available so we purchased a daybed for 118$ which includes 2 free small cocktails.

The next two days I waited in line at 7:45am and got two nice loungers near the pool.

Large cocktails are 20 bucks which come in a tall tall souvenir glass, drinks are pretty strong in my opinion.

12- 16oz miller lights 48$
    12- 12oz corona cans were 52$ I think

Between 8-11am music is quiet and a little softer after that it gets very loud top40 music. Pool gets packed about 11am

2. denluvslv

denluvslv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for the info. I'll be there in two weeks from today.:thumbsup:

3. hattrick225

hattrick225 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info. I'll be there a week from today for six days.

Question for you, or anyone else who's stayed there recently.....is the GO pool more crowded this year than in past years? During my stay last summer (mid July also), I visited the pool probably 3 or 4 times, alternating between AM and afternoon. It was crowded most days, but I only had a problem find a lounger 1 or 2 of those days. Mornings, I never was down there before 10am, afternoons got there around 1 pm, and was able to find a chair after a bit of circling (I was solo, and granted it's always a bit easier to find 1 single than multiple. Just wondering what others' experiences have been lately, if the pool seems more crowded this year than in previous years. I'll report back later in the month, after I return.

Vegas Vacation 2024
  4. vegas4pools

vegas4pools Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is what I am interested in having answered. Ive read countless post and comments from very poor pool experiences to very good at the Flamingo pool. That you have to get in line way before the pool opens, the security is worse than terror alert orange, the messy pool, the loud music, lack of chairs, etc...

So if a single lounger is looking for a place to just lay out, get some sun, smoke a cigarette, and won't mind the music... Will they have any luck getting a chair? I'd actually prefer a chair that isn't near the pool.. I enjoy a little more isolation (always paranoid someone will spill a drink on me, or stare at me for some reason). Id rather sleep in halfway late, get a nice breakfast, get out and play a little... And then make my way back to the pool.

What are the odds of getting a chair? Preferred near the back.

5. JoeDat

JoeDat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is about the same crowd as last year in my opinion. I used the GO POOL on July 2 & 3 and it was packed. We bought a day bed both days too. Well worth the $118. FYI you can get a bucket of beers instead of the 2 small drinks if you would like. They don't advertise that but I asked and got 5 Corona's both days instead of the drinks.

6. GolferTrav

GolferTrav High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To answer your question... "maybe". I'm there often as a single. My goal is to get some rays, grab some beers and just relax. It can be a struggle to find a chair and/or the right chair, even late in the day, but I've never gone without finding one. If you're really struggling, pull out a $20 bill, find a towel boy/girl or security guard. Tell them, "I've got $20 for you if you can help me find an open chair."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.