1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Caesars or Paris??

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by grover, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grover

grover Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booking a package to Vegas for Oct..this is the best deal for us right now.
    I can get the following air + four nights hotel from Fargo:

Caesars-Deluxe Room 571.00
    Paris-Luxury Room 443.00

From what I can figure out the Paris room is their basic room--would this be nicer than the Caesars Deluxe room? I can't really figure out what the Caesars deluxe room would be..is this one of the old never remodeled room?

We are attending a wedding at Caesars during the trip..so would kind of like to stay there for that reason..but if the room would be better at Paris we just handle the walk across the street :peace:

Also..what about upgrades when you are on a package..doable?

2. LAV

LAV Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No doubt, Caesars! Caesars is considered by most to be CET top tier property. Paris is over-rated, IMO, but others will disagree.

3. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can always try the $20 trick, they don't care where you booked.

Hmm, I'd probably go with Caesars, even with an older room, they just have more amenities than Paris. But with that, Caesars is HUGE, it's somewhat difficult to navigate, and it's busy ALL THE TIME. Paris is a little more manageable, and easy to get in and out of but really, it's your preference.

I think if you are getting just "regular" rooms at both, it would about the same. That Caesars rate is really good too. It's usually so high.

4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many on this board are Paris "fans", but in this match-up... I'd take Caesar's ALL DAY LONG!

5. itsedjusted

itsedjusted Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is completely a personal preference type thing. Paris is a smaller and a whole lot more subdued. Caesars is huge and high energy. It all depends on personal preference.

6. Steelers7

Steelers7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If i were you, I'd just stay at caesars since that's where the wedding is. BUT since I'm not...I'm staying at Paris! lol I just dont care for caesar's at all, never have.

7. grover

grover Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like the majority go for Caesars!
    Thanks for your thoughts..I agree..looking at the rates it would be a good deal :) I am leaning towards Caesars :thumbsup:

8. burdog

burdog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try the 20$ trick. We stayed there 3 years ago booked for a Forum room and got upgraded to an Augustus tower room. The worst they can do is say no.

9. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if you can afford it and if your not a frugal traveler go with CP. never stayed at paris seems like every smoker in vegas gathers there and they all chain smoke together

10. sabrina

sabrina Low roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed at both and think they are both great properties. but... if anyone in your party is wearing heels to the wedding I would stay at CP just easier to be dressed up and get around!

Seinfield
  11. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well...

Any tower at Caesars is lovely EXCEPT Roman tower...but I think the $20 trick would get you an upgrade if this is your booked room--at least to Forum Tower.
    Paris std rooms are like staying at grandma's (FLORALS)...and the $20 trick doesnt' seem to work well there.

12. mardaho

mardaho Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Caesar's for sure
    Especially since the wedding is there
    so much easier...It's not that far from Paris...but not far
    in Vegas requires a half hour walk.
    If you get a room in the Palace Tower you will love it.
    Had the Roman tower once and NEVER AGAIN..I wanted to
    walk back down and change rooms but hubby wouldn't let me.
    Said since we only sleep in the room what's the difference. The difference is
    I am on vacation and I want something a little bit nicer than home.

:beer:

13. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have 2 trips to Vegas under your belt. If you had a CET players card that you used on either trip check to see if you can get a comp or heavy discount at either property. Might be cheaper to book separately if you can get hotel free or cheap.

14. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For that price difference I would take Caesars. My main issue with Caesars is generally when I've looked the prices are nearly double that of Paris or PH. Caesars is nice, but not that nice.

One downside will be that the table limits might be slightly higher than other properties. Worst case is you have to head elsewhere to play some BJ or craps though.

15. grover

grover Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for the tips!
    i will try and find my players card..been a while since I've seen it..hmm.

16. Leeza14

Leeza14 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I wonder why, on the reservations calendar through TR, the Forum Tower is listed before the Roman Tower (as the room categories are usually listed in order from "worst" to best). Any ideas?

17. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Paris is easy to Bally's and easy walk to PH. CP is abit more effort to Belliago and tram to Monte Carlo. Paris to Bills, IP, Flam is a bit easier of a walk then CP to those if any of this matters.

18. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've noticed that

But I think they actually are trying to grt people to NOT book it ( imperial palace used to do something similar when they had that old capri tower)

Roman tower is the only one to avoid...all the rest are varying degrees of lovely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.