1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

For Harrahs or suite people 2013 trip.

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by Tammy58, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For the last few months I have noticed a great deal at Harrahs, I think it is a mistake...but I haven't bit the bullet yet to book it.

The lowest rack rate for a Classic Executive Suite is $180, has been for a long time now. You never see it lower on the calendar. Beginning AFTER Xmas of this year into next years calendar the price has been listed for $125. This is the 2 room suite.

I have stayed in one the past 2 years. Last year I booked the petite and got one of those emails 2 weeks prior to our stay with a $50 upgrade now to a CES deal so it cost me $135 (great price, had managed to get the petite for $85)...this year went to book the petite at $100 night and it came up with an upgrade now and save 10% for the next type room...so paid $162 for the CES, knew this was still a good deal.

I have seen this happen before where you book and they offer you the next room type for 10% off.

So anywho...if it comes up with the 10% off if you upgrade now deal and you try to book a petite suite after xmas....it is possible you can get the Classic Executive for $112.50 per night! A huge score in my book (hell the $125 is a major score in my book).

We always plan our trip around air prices...but damn at this price I may just pick some dates for next spring and book it now. I really think this is an error that they haven't caught yet and I will kick myself when I miss out on it.

I have been hesitant to post about this, it will probably tip HET off that their calendar has a bug in it....but for the price felt others would like to get in on this.

I am scotsirish and I am always looking for a bargain. 2 room suite for this price IMO is a bargain.:thumbsup:

2. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love a good deal!

But I would suspect the reason the prices are so dirt cheap is due to the LINQ construction next door. Right now Harrahs is comped indefinitely on our TR accounts (std room).
    BUT if construction noise is a problem when you are there, you could call TR & tell them you want moved to a CET property away from the construction; I read a recent report where CET was very accomodating.

3. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We heard nothing when we were in one in May. I agree people are afraid to stay there. I'm not, we heard nothing and neither did my MIL on a lower floor than us. Those suites are all on the upper floors. I agree IP and North Tower Flamingo are things I would not book. We are in our rooms by 10 pm and up at 5 am in Vegas so we tend to keep the same hours as construction workers :)

4. jgr789

jgr789 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    North Tower Flamingo?

Could you describe which is the North Tower Flamingo? Do you take the elevators nearest the Registration lobby or the elevators down at the end of the walkway to the parking garage near the Pool?

5. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes

They are at the end of the shops area

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.