1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo Booked! FAB Luxury?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by mtusc09, Jul 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mtusc09

mtusc09 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Buddy and I have booked the Flamingo during October in a FAB Luxury room.

Should I stick with it or try for an upgrade to a go room or a suite? $20 Trick?

I'm not too picky as long as the room is clean. I also heard the Go Room may be a little awkward for 2 guys...but you experts can let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
    -Tusc

2. itsedjusted

itsedjusted Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

I don't think the go rooms have 2 beds. You might want to stick with 2 queens in the regular room.

3. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a GO room with 2 beds.

the GO rooms are REALLY nice, I'd say it's worth it if you can get one.

I know the $20 trick success rate, to get a GO room, is pretty low at Flamingo though.

4. mtusc09

mtusc09 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did see some pics of Go rooms with 2 queens. I also hear the bathroom doors are not good for a couple of guys. Not sure if someone was screwing with me or not.

-Tusc

5. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed in a go room with two queens back in January. It was me and a buddy sharing the room. Nothing awkward about the bathroom door.
    I would say stick with the FAB room. The GO rooms are nicer, but the FAB rooms are just fine for two guys.
    Also, if you booked directly you'll likely get an email closer to your arrival date offering a GO room upgrade for a nominal additional nightly fee.

6. mtusc09

mtusc09 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds good. Thanks for the advice.

-Tusc

7. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hell, out of two trips for a luxury room, both times they claim they didnt have a luxury and down graded me to a std room.

8. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are definately GO rooms with 2 beds, I've stayed in them many times. I personally like the GO rooms much better due to the bathroom being larger and more modern (TV in the mirror) and I like the huge flat screen tv, electric drapes, etc....

For your guy trip, either room would be just fine. If I could get the GO room for the price of a tip or small charge, I would definately take it. If not, your room will be just fine. They have very few of the 'old standard rooms' left.

I love the Flamingo! Enjoy your trip!
    diane

9. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If all you want is a clean room

you will be fine.
    GO rooms are PINK:eek: & the bathroom doors are shaded glass. Not exactly a man cave...:wink2:

10. mtusc09

mtusc09 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL...Thanks again...

11. vegashq

vegashq Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    can't go wrong with the GO room!

12. stuntin909

stuntin909 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $20 worked for me last week in getting a go room with 2 queens. had a view of bellagio also.

doors are frosted though so you can see a silhouette of someone showering lol

worth the upgrade though.

13. Aero

Aero Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had booked another hotel for our trip in Sept, then talked with someone who said we should check out the Flamingo's renovated rooms. Booked the Fab Luxury room so we can check it out. They all now have flat-screens. Although, that won't make the bathroom any bigger.lol To call the reviews of the upgraded Flamingo rooms 'Mixed' is an understatement. They range from "Don't ever step foot in this place" to "IT WAS THE MOST TOTALLY AWESOME ROOM I"VE EVER SEEN EVER!!!" So, I think it's my duty to see for myself. One thing seems to be consistent in the reviews... ask to be on the south side to avoid any possible construction noise.(if that bothers you-I have a wife that tells me daily that she does not like to be bothered:rolleyes2:)

14. john39

john39 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aren't all the Luxury rooms strip view rooms? I was thinking thats where the Luxury name came in

15. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FAB and GO have both view & non view. Cannot get to the FAB designations right now on phone but I think GO is luxury &I luxury w view.

If you have lived in a dorm environment, you will be fine in a GO room.

16. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry-yes Luxury is view. I don't like Caesar's views but love south facing room views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.