1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Resort fee included in subtotal?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by grapplefu, Jul 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grapplefu

grapplefu Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone booked an MGM hotel recently? I booked a room and the site gave me a subtotal w/ taxes and what not. Then in the confirmation email, the subtotal was $105 more which is what the resort fee would be and the typical "$15 resort fee per day will be added at check in" beneath that.

I emailed reservations and didn't hear back for a couple days so I called. The woman who answered said the subtotal doesn't include the resort fee. However I got an email back a couple days later saying the subtotal includes room and resort fee. Anyone know which one it is? Don't wanna be paying for the fee 2x.

2. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sounds like they added the resort fee to your total.

but if you think they charged you double. you can either keep trying to get a hold of them or deal with the issue when you get to the hotel

3. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One big reason they added resort fees

is exactly this; they advertise a lower, more competative looking rate...but then they add the nonvoluntary resort fees and suddenly not so competative...usually the resort fees are added at checkin, but could depend on how you booked it.

4. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is my main gripe about resort fees.
    I got quote for a room, and at the bottom it said "TOTAL COST..."
    Then, below that, "Resort fee of ...

What the hell does TOTAL COST mean to everyone else?!

5. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You WILL be charged the RESORT FEE at check in.....sounds like you used a booking agent like Expedia to make your reservations......if so then DEFINITELY you will be charge the RESORT FEE at check in.......HOWEVER, $15 per day for the RESORT FEE sounds very low.....most MGM resorts in Vegas charge $25 PER DAY......I know for a fact MGM Grand does....and whatever the RESORT FEE is you must add on 13% tax on top of that.

6. ssyx

ssyx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The total price is including the resort fees. This happened to me when I booked through a mgm resort website in october.

7. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    YES......if you book with the hotel's own website....BUT NOT IF YOU BOOK through a third party site like Expedia.

WAIT............I just checked through MGM Grand's Website and it comes up with 3 nights for:

1 NEW! Grand King Room 3 nights $210.00
    Taxes: $25.20
    Total: $235.20
    Deposit Due: $78.40

Resort Fee:
    A daily resort fee of $25.00 (subject to applicable tax) is added to all room reservations upon check-in.

So I guess even if you book through MGM Grand's Website you get a total price without the resort fee.......then upon check-in you get the extra resort fee for your convenience....LOL

8. ssyx

ssyx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    NO... exactly like the OP said.
    I booked and had one price, then the confirmation email i received was a higher price... the difference in price was because they had applied...WAIT.... resort fees on top.... they didn't try and charge them again....

9. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OH...OK...now I'm totally confused........LOL

10. grapplefu

grapplefu Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks. Would be interested to know if everyone is getting this. I was tempted to book some random date and see if it happens all the time.

And yes I used the hotel site, lowly Excalibur.

11. Willy

Willy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have Aria and Mirage booked, and the resort is included in the total price on both of my reservations.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.