1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET Eating Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by jgates8, Jul 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As usual I am staying at a CET prop (Paris this trip) & have plenty of comp dollars to use to cover food. So consquently not really willing to spend cash eating at off-site places - I'd rather just use my comps as a decent value at 1/1. Plus I have never had a problem finding good food that I like at CET props. I really do not like forking cash out of pocket when I have the comps - a good example is I haven't even bought the 20/40 LeProvencal coupon because I would be paying $20 cash for it!!!

So again (I have asked before!) looking for current good suggestions of places you enjoy. I have added places I haven't tried before thanks to suggestions - Toby Keith's was a good stop last trip! Some places I always have to go to such as Margaritaville & the Le Buffet at Paris.

Some of the places I have been considering for this trip (me & mom) for a 5 night stay (late Sat to Early Thurs) are:

Margaritaville (a must-do)
    Cafe St. Louis (this just wasn't that great last time for breakfast)
    Mon Ami - breakfast or supper
    PF Changs (didn't make it last trip - would really like to try)
    Nosh
    Sugar Factory (have had good experiences)
    Range Steakhouse (my co-traveler axed that selection last trip)
    Raos ??
    Earl of Sandwich (a must-do)
    Buffet of Buffets

I actually have considered skipping the BofB this trip, but I do like to have breakfast at Paris a couple of times - after paying for 2 breakfasts it becomes a good value to just add the difference & do the 24 hour pass and get a couple more meals.

So thoughts from you folks? What are opinions on places like Rao's, Mings Table, Serendipity, etc.

2. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My mom and I did Mesa Grill at Caesar's. She loved it, but I thought it was just okay. I did Mon Ami last trip and was very much underwhelmed. I know it gets a lot of love here, but that might've been part of the reason I was so unimpressed.

Can you use your RCs at Earl of Sandwich?

3. smrtmom05

smrtmom05 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I loved the Mesa Grill last time I was there. My boss love Rao's. I've never tried it. Post what you choose so we can all be jealous!

4. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes you can - at least you can definitely room charge & pay with RC's. I was also able to room charge at Mon Ami & comp off also. Hopefully that hasn't changed? Sometimes they have a problem doing the room charging & it takes a couple extra minutes at Earl, but it always works.

My aunt loves Bobby Flay. If she does decide to join us (won't know for about 4 weeks yet), we will probably go there - at least she & I will.

I actually enjoyed Mon for supper. For breakfast it really wasn't anything great to me. But it might have been what I ordered. But at Cafe St. L last time my french toast was raw in the middle so I'm thinking something different............(Part of why I like the Paris buffet - if I don't like something I can go get something else!).

5. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to love Cafe St L. too. It's really taken a fall in the last year or so. I refuse to go there now for at least six months after awful service and mediocre food on the last few trips. It appears the property is really putting all their efforts into sugar factory.

6. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love The Range, love Mesa Grill, Like Rao's. Serendipity3 is a nice place for a snack between propereties.

7. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you tried KGB? Never interested us until our last trip (April). Hubby had a friend who was on a solo trip and ended up eating there 3 times! His description was enough for hubby and son-in-law.... well we will be going back in August. 2 ordered one of the BIG burgers and loved them..hubby & I tried the "Iron Chef winning sliders". Must say they were really great. Not sure what was so very good about them...the quality of the meat / seasonings...??? But we will have an encore lunch... lol. They also have a speciality soup...not sure of the name...cheeseburger soup.. ? But was very rich and flavorful - I want it again. Hope you have a great trip and we agree with you - we have a boatload of comp $ and eat all our meals at CET properties. Great variety and have more $ for other things. :)

8. nubia11

nubia11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rao's didn't impress me. I would pass on that. Bally's Steakhouse is underrated. And even though I didn't eat at Paris last trip, I noticed more than one restaurant there had prix fixe deals there including Le Provencal.

10. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rao's sounds good to me on the menu, but it seems really pricey for pasta (???). Supposed to be fantastic meatballs but seriuosly my fav meatballs are the ones on Harrah's buffet (dang it we have to get there too!). I'm just not sure I want to pay their prices.

Center Cut looks NUMMY - if I am unable to get a tix4dinner coupon for Range, maybe we will do that one instead. Their summer prix fixe looked pretty good except the salad.

I have not tried KGB - co-traveler & I did Toby Keith's for lunch (pulled pork style sandwich was great) last trip.

I'm curious to see if LeProvencal still has a prix fixe when we are there. I know back when Ballys had that other fine restaurant in the back near the steakhouse I had that type of meal there (they were just starting to offer those in various places it seemed) & it was great.

We may end up downtown one night & GASP!!! I may have to actually pay for food!!! LOL - we always choose 777 Brewpub if downtown so it's still cheap!

Thank you for all of your thoughts so far.

11. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thoughts on Payard's anyone? The pics on Pulse blog today look really good.

12. ATXTX

ATXTX VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    PF Changs is meh to me, kind of chef-boyardee of Asian food, if you know what I mean, we have one of the chain restaurants here... but I am not a Cheesecake Factory fan either.

When we Were Young
  13. CinnamintStick

CinnamintStick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mesa Grill is a favorite of mine. I love the Veal Chops. I had a nice lunch at Payard's during restaurant week but the service was kind of weird. It was awkward and rushed. I think I would rather just get a snack to go and skip the restaurant in the future. We had the hot chocolate french toast at breakfast at Serendipity and thought it was very good. Omelets looked huge. Service was excellent. I did not like the meat balls at Rao's. Just to much bready filling. To many great Italian to go there.

14. LAV

LAV Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure how much comps you have but here would be my suggestions:

Bally's Steakhouse: As someone alluded previously, it is under-rated. I have enjoyed the meals there.

If you want fancy, you could try the Sterling Brunch on Sundays--between 9:30 and 2:00pm. It is pricey though, so expect to pay about $90 per person. Others have liked it, but I thougght it was meh.

The Homestead Steakhouse at Caesars has great service.

For basic cafe food, I would recommend Planet Dailies inside PH over Cafe St Louis or even Sugar Factory. Food there is decent, price reasonable and service was good.

If you go the route of buffet of buffets, try Spice Market buffet for dinner. If you are diamond or seven stars,, they bring a nice plate of steamed crab legs to your table.

Mings Table has pretty decent Asian food.

I would also try the Asian restaurant inside Bally's as well.

15. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I doubt it is extremely authentic, but I still like PH Changs. The lettuce wraps are a guarenteed purchase.

If you are looking for a steakhouse, I would agree with a poster above saying Ballys is underrated. You have 3-4 very good choices though for a steakhouse. I haven't tried the new one at Caesars yet since Nero's went out.

I like Mesa Grill for lunch. I know you are paying with comps, but I've always felt the dinner there is overpriced. There are just some cuisines that I have a hard time paying $40+ a plate. I'm sure it is good, I've just enjoyed their lunch a few times so that I can try elsewhere for dinner.

16. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You've mentioned my favs

MAG--best eggs benedict (tried both kinds) I've ever had

Earl of Sandwich--perfect anytime & the price is right!

PF Changs--all I ever order is won ton soup & lettuce wraps; perfect hangover remedy (though I order this regardless!)

Burger Brasserie at Paris (check their happy hour times in the bar!)--OMG, I LOVED these burgers; and last time I had these fries smothered in chedder, bleu cheese, bacon & avacado--I said screw the burger & ordered these every time!! (I don't even like fries that well!)

Range--meh, kind of a cool old school place, great service, but none of our food was very good; lobster bisque was horrible; steaks not great (from Nebraska--high standards, but I don't even mind the sirloin at Ellis Island--now it is sirloin, and it is cheap) Mac & cheese bland.

I must admit that I find most of CET restaurants overpriced & underwhelming. ($15 for bacon/eggs at Harrahs coffee shop PLUS coffee? give me a break) I know Earl & Changs are chains, but the advantages to chains are consistent food & decent prices. So honestly those 2 plus Burger Brasserie are where we eat the most often w/ our comps.

17. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Payard's has tasty food but dainty portions for the price. I think the experience is worth having once and the lunch and dinner specials seem to be better deals.

Another I forgot is Sea at Bally's. Really tasty Thai food.

18. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had forgotten about Burger Braissiere - I ate there last November & it was pretty good - other than they put me at a hi-top & I am only 4'11" -it wasn't an easy trip up on that stool!!!

Thank you guys for all of the suggestions. I had Ballys steakhouse in back of my mind also - but thinking Range because you can sometimes get the Tix4Tonight coupons for that.

I have $600 in comps right now - so cost isn't so much of an issue, other than I am a tightwad to begin with!!! However mom only has $100 so I would end up having to spring for some of her meals if we went to the pricier places. I just also do not want to burn through all my comps in one trip either - want some for the next few trips.

My average food budget for 5 days is $45 to $70 per day (more often on the lower end) so it's an effort for me to spend the extra money/comps.

I have some of the PH $5 coupons - it's my bff's fav but I like it better for breakfast - for l/d it just didn't thrill me as much.

19. LindaP

LindaP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're pretty casual eaters and love Le Burger Brasserie for their burgers and onion rings. We also love sharing a BLT at JJ's Boulangerie for a quick breakfast - they are awesome!!

- Linda in TX

20. lmondun

lmondun Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET restaurants tend to be somewhat generic, I think, but we have had enjoyable breakfasts/lunches at the Planet Dailies coffee shop at PH (their lettuce wraps are more exciting than PF Chang's, imo), Ichiban sushi at Bally's and Beijing Noodle No. 9 at Caesars. For dinners, we have tried and enjoyed both Homestead steakhouse and Mesa Grill at Caesars, though either might burn thru more reward credits than you prefer. For a good Italian dinner, we prefer Martorano's at the Rio over Rao's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.