1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cirque du Soleil: Worlds Away

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by habs0nut, Jul 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's a Cirque movie coming out this December and the trailer was just released for it. Personally I can't wait to see it.

Why am I posting this in the Shows & Entertainment thread? Watch the trailer and I think you'll see why.

[YOUTUBE]2_yYWSZtWU4[/YOUTUBE]

2. smac

smac Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be watching for it. It looks awesome!

3. Happily

Happily High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks fun!

4. GREGRIO

GREGRIO VIP Whale

Yeah, same goes for me...THANKS! 'habsOnut'
    ...and in 3-D to boot!
    YEARS AGO...I saw a movie Cirque had out. Like this new one,
    it was made up from all the traveling tent Shows and other
    productions Cirque had at the time and...it was also in 3-D.
    BEST 3-D I've ever seen and, you didn't ware the normal glasses.
    They had a complete helmet you wore. You were surrounded in visual...
    ...it was very, very cool.

5. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty sure you're talking about "JOURNEY OF MAN IMAX 3D". I saw that at the Fort Lauderdale Museum of Science and Discovery many years ago. Quite memorable.

6. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got home from a screening of Worlds Away. It's absolutely fantastic. It does have a very simple story line that takes the audience through the world of Cirque in Vegas where all 7 shows are represented although not equally. Believe has the smallest representation with just a character while Viva Elvis, Zumanity and surprisingly Mystere are all represented by only one act each. We get heavy doses of "O", LOVE and KA. There is also an original act created for the movie by the two leads. All the associated music is there as well with each act set to it's appropriate score.

I was a little surprised seeing as it's a Sunday night and two nights before Christmas but the theatre was packed and after each curtain call there was a nice reaction from the audience which shouldn't be surprising as those who are going to see this are probably huge CDS fans to begin with.

While I enjoyed it very much it's just not the same as being there in person in Vegas but it does help give you a nice little dose.

7. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw it on opening night and enjoyed it. My local theater is only having two showtimes a day, once at 1pm and another at 7pm.

My only gripe was that they spent way too much time on the first Fantasy sequence, which is from "O". A very long sequence. The main character travels into the fantasy world through a pit in collapsing sand, and you'd think she'd come out on the sand in "KA". But no, winds up next to "O"s water stage. She doesn't get to the sand in KA until much later.

It was really cool how they weaved back and forth between the different shows and stirred things up. But I laughed that the only thing they used from Criss Angel's show was the upside-down bunny head (long gone, I think), yet the whole cast and crew got named in the scrolling credits at the end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.