1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anyone ever play in the 10K A Day Double Guarantee Tournament at PH?

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by mdm4sfest, Jul 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. tapakip

tapakip Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't, but I direct you to a thread I posted in over at AVP.

http://www.allvegaspoker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18024&start=10

They are continuing the tourneys past 7/5, which is great news for me. I plan on doing all 5 of these in a day. Particularly if the entries are low. If it's just 5 of us, I'll take a 5 way chop before a hand is even played. :)

3. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks man

4. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very interesting

The extra is good...these usually only get 2-4 tables.

But very curious about the structure...if blinds start at 100/200 it's pretty bad even w/ 6K chips. Unless there is only 1 table...

5. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was wondering the same thing although I thought blinds started at 100/100. With 100/200 I think youd at least need to start with 10k

6. zolar31

zolar31 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Blinds start at 100/100. I actually like this tournament, because it has a fast structure. Its usually done within 3 hours. You have a little play for the 1st hour, then it becomes a shove fest. Players will usually chop up the money once you get down to 3-6 players.

The daily Aria tournament can go for 10hrs+. So it depends. If your with your wife and are only out there for a couple of days play at PH. If your with the guys and don't mind spending an entire day in a tournament play at the Aria.

7. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like a fast tourney

but I'd rather play one that gives me a decent blind structure for my starting stack.
    Still may give it a shot for the $2K prize pool since we are at PH 3 nights this month.
    (allvegaspoker still shows it starting at 25/50...but now I see the 100/100 level on the flier..not the best structure around, but not the worst)

8. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This from the boards at all vegas poker

New Tournaments at Planet Hollywood - 8k a day. (has since been upped to 10K/day, with the addition of 9PM tournament)
    Starting Saturday May 26th we will be revamping our tournament schedule. We will be holding 4 daily no limit texas holdem tournaments; 10am, 1pm, 4pm, and 7pm. All tournaments will feature a $65 buy in ($50+10+5). All tournaments will feature a "double guarantee." We guarantee the minumum first prize of AT LEAST $1000 and the minimum prize pool of AT LEAST $2000 for ALL tournaments. These tournaments will also feature improved structures; blinds will start at 25-50 instead of 100-200 like our current tournaments.
    (from the PH supervisor)

Now this is what he says...
    But the PDF attached here has blinds starting at 100/100...
    The structure Chris lists is awesome--especially for the price & chip stack. 100/100 is not as good...
    Guess I will find out in a couple weeks.
    (btw...shouldn't this be in the poker section?)

9. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Ya I could have put it in the poker section but figure this would get looked at more here.

10. tapakip

tapakip Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep in mind, this might end when the WSOP does. I'll be there 7/16 so I will try to let you know.

11. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope not!

Chris, the poker room manager at PH, posted on the forums on allvegaspoker about this tourney...one of his latest posts says there is no end planned as of yet.:peace:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.