1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Onda vs. Circo?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by RPMCanes, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got back a month ago and crazy as it sounds I'm already planning my next trip. ;) I'm trying to decide between those two Italian places. Anyone have any comments/opinions on either? Thanks!

2. CinnamintStick

CinnamintStick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't get enough either. I just got back and have three more trips booked over the next two months.

I went to Circo for my Easter Dinner. They sat us in a nice view of the fountains. The tables have plenty of privacy and are not crammed together like many places. I did have a drunk loud table next to us that I tried to ignore. We ordered the Lamb because it is there specialty and it was Easter. My piece was not good, but my husbands piece was great. Both cooked the same. My knife was not sharp enough to cut mine. I should have sent it back but didn't. We both had the Pasta and loved it. P I C I T O S C A N I hand-rolled thick spaghetti, ‘bolognese’ sauce, aged pecorino cheese $29. We already have reservation to have more of that pasta. I don't go back to the same restaurant very often but it was that good. I hope they don't disappoint since this time around we will have my father in law with us.

3. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

Circo is a total package. It has stellar eats, friendly service and a stunning view. It's been my favorite restaurant in the city for some time. I also enjoy Onda, but it's a different beast. It's quiet, your focus is on the food and the company. Food is good and fairly priced, service is attentive, but they lack attention to details. It's more of meal and less of experience.

4. Iamrice

Iamrice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did Circo in NYC and it was the best meal I have ever eaten. My guess it the Vegas version is also a winner.

5. MomtoCCC

MomtoCCC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been to both, like Circo better.

6. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the input peeps!

7. jacj2020

jacj2020 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tried Onda last may. Disappointing...cann't even remember what I had and I was sober! Never tried Circo.

8. AStack75

AStack75 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can only speak of Circo. Ate the with my now wife a few years ago right before I proposed to her at the fountains.

We both found the place to be rather underwhelming. Unfortunately I can't remember what we ate (we both had pasta dishes IIRC) since it was four years ago and didn't leave much of an impression on me. But the waiter was great, but the food was just okay. But it was a rather pricey meal and just expected more.

9. judy

judy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have also been to Circo in NYC and the one at Bellagio and both are as described above. My picky Italian-American mother loved it also. An amazing feat as she is a great cook!! Call ahead for a fountain view table. AMAZING place!!

2024’s Second Trip
  10. judy

judy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    p.s. save room for dessert!

2024’s Second Trip
  11. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Circo is way better.
    I've been to Onda twice and have been disappointed twice

Tags: