1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ummm...thanks? I'm an Mlife VIP

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Gandolf One, Jul 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gandolf One

Gandolf One Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL- so many of us have complained about our current summer offers. But, I should be "reassured" of my "VIP" mlife status :evillaugh

This arrived this evening in my email:

M life Get the details.
    And your offer.

With M life, you're a Vegas VIP and we want you to be in the know. Check out what we've got going on below and book your offer NOW by calling your Marketing Executive or Bellagio M life VIP Services at 888.987.7887.

$150 in FREEPLAY®
    Complimentary Deluxe Room for Two Nights Sunday - Thursday and A Special Rate from $129 Friday & Saturday
    $50 Food & Beverage Credit
    2-for-1 Tickets to Any MGM Resorts Show

Yeah, ready to spend $600 in airfare now that my "special" rate is $ 129 a night over a weekend and lots of other benefits.... Snark...snark....

Think I'll wait to book this one!

2. BnV226

BnV226 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got the same exact corp offer - didn't make me want to change my current offer with Bellagio of 3nts anytime, 150fp, and 100 f&b....
    Even Mandalay Bay offered me 3 nts, 150fp and 200 f&b
    :peace:

3. Reed

Reed High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got the same offer on nights, but only $100 Freeplay and no F&B. Email my host and get four free nights (or three nights in a suite) double Freeplay and she will take care of some of F&B. Mlife offers suck...

4. Sklem211

Sklem211 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Geeze...I wish that I could complain that this offer wasn't good enough for me!

Things could be worse guys...much worse. Be thankful for what you're given.

5. worldtraveler661

worldtraveler661 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Serious. Its like Tripadvisor or Yelp reviews of places. Someones always going to complain about something. I know it all depends on each person's play and you may feel you're entitled to more than that offer, but at least you're getting some offers out there. Can I take youre free rooms? I wouldnt mind it. haha.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depending on your play level, you may well have reason to complain. I got one of those "VIP" emails and thought maybe I was special. But, the offering was much less than mlife is showing online. And less than a host will probably give me.

Is it more than some people get? Sure is, cause it is based on play.

Is it less than what some get? Sure is, for same reason.

7. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is this possibly due to the difference in offers for the higher end properties. My VIP e-mail is from the Aria, so it shows just a room. But at all properties except Aria and Bellagio, I can get a suite.

8. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I guess for some that offer would be a post worthy insult, but when you compare to things like the club grazie offer (beads!) ...

9. Gandolf One

Gandolf One Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

Geez. If you're going to comment please read my original post. I'm not getting free rooms - 129 a night plus resort fees. They try to offset the room fees by giving me 150 fp and 50 food credit. For 2 nights, I'm still in 60 and resort fees.

If they just gave me free rooms and no extras, I wouldn't have posted. By spending 1000 out if pocket a day ( not coin in) you'd think I could at least get my room paid for.

10. Gandolf One

Gandolf One Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, that maybe. But maybe I should book one of these offers and not play on-site. Then mlife would complain about how people take their comped offers and screw them.

If I got free rooms, I'd shut up. I'm on the east coast and air alone is 500-600 round trip. Don't give me fp or a minuscule food credit. Isn't that what express comps are for?

11. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I posted this before somewhere here but here's what we got offered from MGM.......

Complimentary ALL NEW Grand Room for Three Nights Sunday - Thursday and Rates as Low as $39 for Additional Nights

2-for-1 Tickets To Brad Garrett's Comedy Club

$50 in FREEPLAY Available

We always stayed at MGM Grand until the resort fees started.......HOWEVER, we never gamble much there because they usually have $10 and HIGHER table limits.....so we would always walk across the street and gamble at Hooters or the EX.......if we gamble $100 per day TOTAL at MGM that would be a lot.....so I can't figure why they sent us this offer.......but we called them and the offer was good and double check that we didn't have to pay a resort fee.......so were going at the end of August....and the SWA fares were the cheapest we have seen in YEARS........THANKS MGM Grand......but we will be back to CET properties in April for 5 full comp days again......you gotta love competition....

12. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It isn't always the frustration of not getting good offers from MLife but rather then insulting ones intelligence. How can they say you are a VIP and then give you a crappy offer.

How many people have call MLife, given them your Player's Card number and received quotes worse then if you simply went online to book.

13. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Corporate offers will be software generated (with very basic parameters). The computer has no idea that if you need 10,000 points to get the world that it should include you because you have 9,999 points.

We get loads of people moaning when we send out marketing emails, but it's just too much work to build in more and more parameters.

14. Sklem211

Sklem211 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You did say you got free rooms...maybe not weekend nights...but again I refer back to my original post that things could be much worse! And this comp is at bellagio none the less! So even the weekday rooms comped are a pretty good offer to most people. And if you don't want it, I'd be more than happy with it so feel free to work with your host to get me in on this lol :thumbsup: Plus I live in Canada where our airfare and taxes add on almost $100 each way compared to US fares in most cases...so if you're paying 500-600 to get there for round trip tickets...you're flying with the wrong ppl because I was able to go there in May for $374 RT and I've never paid over $450 to get there in the past.

Now that post about the V/P offer for free beads...there's something to be snarky about!

15. KingBBInLV

KingBBInLV High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The beads aren't free, you need to earn points to get them! And I have a gold Grazie card, I imagine if I had just a regular Grazie card then I would just get the string and have to go buy my own beads!

16. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:

There are good and bad offers. I get that.

But using the "You are a VIP" and here are your "VIP offers" was just wrong.

These offers have nothing to do with being VIP.

17. tacallian

tacallian Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm just glad most of the offers I've seen lately don't list "Comp yourself with Express comps" anymore as though it was some kind of exclusive detail.

18. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As wigwam said, I think you guys are expecting a bit too much out of automated corporate offers.

I mean, if a host offers you less than you expect while acting like he's doing you a favour, I get it.

But the computer doesn't know its insulting you. It knows the level of offer they want to send you, and has boilerplate text on what that offer should say.
    If they were offering you free beads they'd still call you a VIP.

19. tacallian

tacallian Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Marketing employees chose the term VIP. They know the computer is insulting people.

20. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not everybody who got that offer is insulted by it or by the term, is the point. Trying to craft a message that appeals to every case, or a different message for every case, would not be easy (and likely not worth the effort).

I mean, its not like this is the only company on the planet throwing around the term VIP loosely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.