1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

shifter TR 7/5-7/9 @ MGM Live

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by shifter, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

shifter TR 7/5-7/9 @ MGM Live.

so it's time for the next Vegas trip and this one is shaping up to be the most epic ever! it's going to be awesome for sure, the only thing that could possibly make it better is booking that elusive 6-figure win.

so it's going to be me and my wife and my buddy and his wife. he's the same buddy G that i always take to the UFC fights. our wives get along really well also, so it's a good combo. at the moment we're booked in a 2BR Villa at the Mansion, but that's always dicey. some 2M player like Natedog calls in at the last minute and i get bumped. so no clue until the plane lands if we'll end up there or in the Skylofts. thankfully Natedog is already there, so he won't be the one that bumps me, lol.

first thing Friday morning G and i are going to play golf with Natedog at Wynn. i haven't played at Wynn before, so i'm looking forward to it. not sure if Nacho or Cuz is coming along or not.

Friday night the 4 of us and my host at the B and his wife are going to JR for the 16-course degustation menu. in all my trips to MGM i've actually never eaten there before, but i figure it's something you have to do once in your life. and i'm over $20k in ECs now, so it's time to burn some on a $4k dinner. the only thing i'm not looking forward to is paying the $800 tip, lol.

Saturday is the UFC fights. G and i are sitting with Natedog, Nacho and Cuz and my host said we'll be in the front row, so it should be a lot of fun. looking forward to seeing the Silva/Sonnen fight also; it should be a good one.

after the fights, the plan is to head over to Wynn and meet up with Mangoport and his family at XS or Tryst.

first thing Sunday morning G and i are playing golf at Shadow with my host at the B. i told Natedog to come along, but he said he needs his beauty sleep, lol. :poke:

Sunday night we're going to eat at Shibuya and then see Mystere at TI. it's the only Cirque show in Vegas (sans Criss Angel) that we haven't seen, so we're looking forward to it. i had avoided it in the past because i'm too cheap to pay for the tickets myself, but they were able to setup a bill-back and comp it, so that's cool.

i'll try to post some updates as things go along. that always seems to start out pretty well, but as things get busy on Friday and Saturday it's hard to keep up, but we'll see how i can do.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was an oops and deleted

3. Transplant

Transplant Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will be in Vegas this weekend. Hope we both bring home more than we went with.

4. shiny

shiny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

It sounds like a wonderful pre-trip plan, especially with the gatherings and fun activities with Natedog, Nacho, Cuz and MangoPort. Do you plan to gamble with Natedog?

Just can't wait to read your TR and photos. Wish you the very best gambling luck and bring home the big winnings! :beer:

5. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah, Natedog and i will definitely play some Bacc at the Mansion and probably some craps as well. i don't play craps very big, but i enjoy it.

6. shiny

shiny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great! I cross my fingers that you (the US top roller) and Natedog (the international whale) will team up and clean up MGM's vault. All of us on this board will be cheering for both of you.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

7. Reed

Reed High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shifter, I know you probably get the round comped, but do you know if the rate is still $500 to play SC? I definitely will have to pay, but I was thought about asking my host if I she can help me reserve a round later this year when I am out there.

8. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah, still $500. i do get it comped, but it comes off of my comp balance. last year i took 4 of us and that was $2k in comps for golf, ouch! as far as i know the weekends are invite only, but anyone staying at an MGM hotel can book during the week. but your host may be able to get you on on a weekend.

9. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't wait to read the exploits of Shifter & Nate together at the same table! I'd love to join you guys sometime if & when we manage to get into town the same time together even if I'll be betting against you sometimes :poke: LOL

10. JaviSRK

JaviSRK High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck, shifter - I'll be in Vegas starting Wednesday and I'll be pulling for ya.

11. MangoPort

MangoPort High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This pre-TR is definitely getting me excited about my own trip.

I arrive on the 6th after a 17 hour flight from Australia. I called up the Wynn to request their international private jet but the person at reception just said "I'm sorry, who are you?"

It's interesting that you're eating at JR with your Bellagio Host, you guys must obviously be pretty close as that's a long time to spend with someone unless they are a good friend. I've done the 16 course menu and it is amazing.

Some key points:
    - Don't fill up on bread. It's a rookie mistake because their bread cart is amazing but limit yourself to one piece.
    - Don't eat everything off your wife's plate just because you don't want to waste. You have to accept that some food just won't be eaten so you'll still have room for the later dishes.

Saturday will be awesome, will keep you posted (it's the one area I don't do the planning for)

12. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah i invite him to play golf with me pretty much every trip. he's a fun guy and always takes good care of me when i stay at the B.

lol, that's one thing i've never done. i learned from this guy i used to work for when i was young that you eat as much as you want and stop eating when you're done regardless of how much was on the plate. he would often order an appetizer and have 3 bites and take the rest home. it was good, but he had as much as he wanted and was ready for the next course. i've taken that to heart.

13. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shifter...I can't wait to hear what you think of JR! Love that place so much.

14. Marmandduke

Marmandduke Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think given your bumpy last trip at the Beau, you'll have nothing
    But good karma this trip. I love playing mini Bacc ! Can't quite do the big table but I have done well for me. I wish you and wife a great trip and lots of profit!
    You are due ! Looking forward to your report. Thanks for all the reports with excellent details!

15. Tbone3336

Tbone3336 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely looking forward to your updates as well. What a wonderful weekend to look forward to with hopefully winning Trip Reporting from you and Natedogg and all the others who might be in town. It is like summer blockbuster movie time with all these great trip reports happening live!
    Good luck, sounds like a wonderful weekend planned!

16. Watts

Watts Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck out there. Maybe we'll bump into each other around MGM. I'm in the same boat as you as not knowing exactly if I'll secure the suite I requested. We'll see though.

17. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    getting ready to head to the airport soon. if you've been following Natedogg's TR you know they screwed with me at MGM and dropped me from the Mansion to the Skylofts and then down to a Marquee. at the moment i'm not sure exactly what the accommodations will be, but i did decide to stick with MGM. my host there has been working hard for me trying to do everything he can and i would feel bad to ditch him at the last minute. sometimes doing the right thing for someone else means you don't get exactly what you want.

so other than that, everything is on schedule. Natedogg and his family are going to join us for dinner tonight at the Mansion where we're going to drown our sorrows in some very expensive wine! then maybe we'll play some Bacc at the Mansion if i can convince him to come out of MGM retirement, lol. if all goes according to plan, by the end of the night Nate will be out of the hole and i'll be up 100k. :)

18. Huddler

Huddler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Subscribing to this thread and hoping for to see the 6 figure win!

19. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck

I hope you and Nate and Mangoport all have happy endings to your trips. IN your case, a happy beginning.

20. Huddler

Huddler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, I didnt know they were getting massages...:wink2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.