1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Imperial Palace....Which Tower?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Shelbymae, Jun 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shelbymae

Shelbymae Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am booked at IP, never been there before, have read reviews, but nobody ever says what tower is better. I reserved a king deluxe room, so hopefully I dont end up way in the back in the ghetto as some have described in reviews. Can anyone tell me what tower to ask for....what tower to avoid...I would prefer a room that looks South...onto the strip, is there a tower that has that kind of view? I know its a cheap hotel...I dont need fancy...just clean, so please dont reccomend the Wynn or the fancy places, as I can not afford them and would like to spend my money on shows and fun things. Also a room that would allow me to open the door and walk right to the pool would be nice.

2. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think any IP towers have good south views. Towers are at the back of the property and seem to overlook the pool, construction areas, or Carnival Court. If I'm mistaken, someone will let you know.

3. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the "ghetto area" you refer to is likely the area at the back that they have already torn down.

we usually ask for a pool view room so we can use the super fast elevators waaay at the back that you need to learn the maze to find.

another big plus is you can go out the back of the building where you go to the monorail and walk right into harrah`s.

4. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The ip is under serious construction, thats why the roms are so cheap.

Of course with that the rooms will be the last thing redone so while it will probably be clean, it wont be fancy or even considered nice by vegas standards. It will just be a clean place to crash.

So dont be shocked when you pull up and there is nothing but scaffolding and concrete barriers out front because i just drove past it yesterday and thats what i saw.

of course i would stay there because you cant beat the price.

If this is off putting to you then consider ballys or even excalibur.

5. Shelbymae

Shelbymae Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will some of the construction be done by mid Sept? Atleast to the building? I can deal with about anything, other than bugs and greasy grime where I sleep or walk barefoot. LOL

6. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The overall project is slated to run into 2013 at this point. I don't see how what they have begun at IP can be done before September.

7. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The construction I have seen will NOT affect you in the least........ask for a room over looking the pool....on the south side looking towards Harrah's....you'll have a great time.

8. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. Wanger1969

Wanger1969 Iowa Nice

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just stayed here a month ago, and any of the towers are fine. They are really all connected in one big loop, so they all work. The closer to the back (facing the pool) , the closer you are to the speed "vators". (elevators that hardly anyone uses. These are a gift not to be overlooked) Anyone staying at IP is obviously not staying for the lovely decor, so wherever you stay will be fine.

As far as construction, it didn't really get in our way. Whever you leave, you'll have to walk around it, but it wasn't a pain when in the hotel. Everything is status quo and I don't remember a bit of noise at all.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.