1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The anti $20 trick works great!!

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by C0usineddie, Jul 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked my rooms for this trip with the hotel, the plaza downtown.

Booked the south tower, cheapest rooms they have. i am fine with them.

We usually check in early when we show up about 1pm but figuredwe would wait until after check in time this time because when you check in early you get whatever they have clean which is never a king room for some reason.

So we wandered around until about 630pm or so, no line, walked right up. Gave the gorl my paper and she stared clicking. i made some small talk, asked her if she had worked there long, said not too long. she dais she works somewhere else doing vip stuff.

i asked if they are a pain to work with, we had a laugh over it. So i figured i wont ask for anything, just let her put me where she wants me.

So she gives my the packets for the 2 rooms, 17th floor, north tower.

hey, thats great, north tower, scored already!!

So we get to the rooms and the first one has doube doors!! score again, suite or what passes for a suite in vegas. big room, balcony, fridge, coffee pot with fancy coffee, very nice. overlooking fremont street.

The other room was next door, standard room but still nicer then south tower, same view, no balcony though. they were connecting rooms with internal doors too so it was like a big apartment.

I love that girl.

2. journaljim

journaljim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's awesome.

3. marksind

marksind VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rain on the Parade

Yeah, I've had one of those rooms. Extra large, love seat, balcony, fridge and coffee maker. Quite comfortable. Tradeoff is that you will "enjoy" the band until they are done every night (at least 1 am). I loved the room, but wouldn't want it again because I couldn't sleep until the band quit. Not a problem if you're up late or a heavy sleeper.

4. GolferTrav

GolferTrav High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It can be argued that if you're not staying up past 1am, you're doing Vegas wrong! :wink2: :beer: :poke: :drunk:

5. KevinSTP

KevinSTP High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was expecting to read that the front desk clerk gave you $20..just kidding :). Great score!

6. johnnytwofingers

johnnytwofingers Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are balconies common downtown? They're almost impossible on the strip, no?

7. marksind

marksind VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Balconies

I think the center rooms (where two wings intersect) in the north tower of the Plaza are the only rooms with accessible balconies downtown. From the outside, all rooms at the Plaza appear to have balconies, but it's just decorative. They aren't really balconies.

8. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    never hurts to butter up the people helping you. works more wonders than money ever could.

9. liteman

liteman Old Timer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I called the Plaza and the reservations person said none of the rooms have accessible balconies. Does she not know or have they locked them down.

10. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I inquired about them when checking in two days ago and was told they don't open. Today I saw two people out there on one of them

11. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2 Months ago, I had one on the 4th or 5th floor that opened. I used to like those rooms, but now with that band playing below....no thanks. I take a nap in the early evening, and it felt like they were in the room with me.

12. koko

koko Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This may be a translational error. In hotel-speak, "accessable" usually means "structured to support handicapped guests"(i.e. support bars in batch tub, etc.)

So, the person may have thought you were asking if any of the balcony rooms are designed for handicapped guests rather than a balcony that can be accessed by a guest.

13. liteman

liteman Old Timer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great thought. It probably would first occur to them that I was asking if they were wheel chair accessable.

14. liteman

liteman Old Timer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you by any chance remember the room number or location from elevators?

15. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry Liteman, I dont even remember which floor it was. I moved the next day to a South Tower room because of the bandstand. If I remember correctly, there are 2 rooms right straight off the elevator lobby. It was the one on the right. I am pretty sure if was either the 4th or 5th floor....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.