1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas Virgin

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Canadian_Lost_in_Vegas, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Canadian_Lost_in_Vegas

Canadian_Lost_in_Vegas Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Greetings from Canada!
    I'm new to all of this. I've never been to Vegas and honestly don't know what to expect when we get there. I am planning a wedding for September 2013 and we have decided on Vegas! I am super excited...but nervous as I don't know where to start. I figured I would join the forum and see what everyone has to say. Any tips/suggestions/advice is welcomed...anything and everything about Vegas.
    We will be travelling with my 3 children (son 15, daughters 8 & 12) and hotels are a concern for me. I look forward to all the interesting facts and people that I can find on the message boards!

2. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Essentially, whatever is in your imagination is probably understated.

3. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmm....where to start?

Think about a wedding site. There are several freestanding wedding chapels. However, you might consider staying in a hotel which would provide a wedding site within it.

Okay, you have kids coming with you. That's cool. I've taken kids there off and on, and they always had fun.

Everybody has a budget. I'm uncertain about yours. Maybe Circus Circus fits your budget. Maybe Bellagio is more appropriate. Mirage would be a nice choice in between.

How many people are traveling with you? Did you think about renting a van?

Lots of things to consider....in a positive way!

Give me a little more info, and I'll throw out some thoughts and some of my experiences.

4. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board. Congrats on the upcoming wedding. If you give a few detail on likes, dislikes and your expectations....some vets on here will be glad to help you out.

5. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    welcome to the board! i'm also getting married in vegas in september (possibly october) of 2013. i actually just got back from visiting a bunch of venues there.:thumbsup:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  6. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow! I don't think that you can get much better info than raraavis has to offer!

I look forward to seeing what is recommended. But, you will need to provide a bit more information in terms of preferences.

7. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since this is for such a BIG event, I seriously recommend taking a pre-trip to Vegas just to walk around to see what they have to offer and what possibilities exist. Go as far in advanced as possible so you have plenty of time to plan.

8. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like that pre-tip idea.

9. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oops....trip, not tip.

( A "pre-TIP" is when you try the $20 trick to get a room upgrade ). Haha!

10. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That came to my mind also.

So, +1 for me.

Be careful though, you might marry someone, lose a tooth, and not remember it.

11. journaljim

journaljim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on the pending nuptials!

12. Krystof

Krystof Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey there- one thing I would suggest is DON'T try to do everything Vegas has to offer; There is simply too much to do within a vacation period, and I've seen people come into my work completely burned out and sleeping the last 2 days of their trip because they tried to take it all in. Vegas will be here for a long time, depending on how long you're staying, plan accordingly, do a few really cool things within a day and enjoy them for as long as it takes, instead of trying to do EVERYTHING, and rushing through your vacation. Dont' you worry, we'll all be here waiting for you to come back. Enjoy the trip and last but not least, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.