1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best Comedy Club on the Strip

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Todd_Royce_XXL, Jun 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd_Royce_XXL

Todd_Royce_XXL Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not the best comedy show, but the best club?

The type of club where unknown, but funny, comics get the chance to perform. Not like Open Mic's but professional comedians (maybe local maybe traveling) who are not yet known.

From what I am reading the clubs on the strip that use locals and unknown traveling comics are:
    Tropicana's Laugh Factory
    Harrah's Improv
    Riviera's Comedy Club
    The Four Queens' LA Comedy Club

Any others?
    Am I correct in my assumption that these are the types of comedy clubs that I described?
    Have you been to any of them?

2. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. Aero22

Aero22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the Improv at Harrahs is great, VIP tix are usually available at tix4tonite. I would say that the comedians are usually a cut above what you describe. If you look at Improv Website you will see who is usually playing at the Improvs around the country, and those are the types you can expect at the club. When I was last there, Jackie Kashian was the featured act, and Shelley Berman was scheduled as headliner but was replaced at the last minute. . .. so it would be comedians that have been on TV here and there, , but not big enough to be playing theatres. . . . your typical 200 seater 3 night touring club headliner (except in LV they have to do a week)

I was looking for Improv info for late in the summer/early fall, and all reference to it is gone after july or so . . .. . .Is it possible the Improv is closing ?? Anyone know??

cheers

4. martay

martay Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Improv has always done a horrible job of letting people know who will be coming on what days. Other clubs show their lineup months ahead. With the Improv, you often don't know until a couple of weeks before. For example, they haven't even posted the lineup for June 25 yet.

5. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    love riv

6. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The very best club is, IMHO, the one that has the funniest comics THAT night. Actually, I have never had a total bad experience at comedy clubs, and I go to at least one virtually every trip.

7. Todd_Royce_XXL

Todd_Royce_XXL Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, that does sound more like what I am talking about.

Does the Riviera use local comics too?

I know there are a ton of options of clubs featuring headliners and big stars. But what about the local comics that are not big names but are really talented? The NYC & LA areas are known for having clubs that the locals can work on a regular basis, I'm assuming there is something like that somewhere in Vegas. ?

8. jeffcuse

jeffcuse Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MGM Grand offered it to us with 3 free night stay and $50 in cash.....but I'm sure you can get them elsewhere.......did you try to Google it...or maybe even BestofVegas.com

10. jeffcuse

jeffcuse Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will give it a try thanks!

11. nw2this

nw2this Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a free coupon for the Riviera in the ACG.
    And there are probably several other ways to get in free.
    I went once and the headliner was funny and relatively unknown. I had seen him before on some Latin Comics DVD that I got at the public library.

12. bighouse304

bighouse304 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always enjoyed going to the Comedy Stop when it was at the Trop. Last time in town, we went to the Riv and it was really bad. There was only 16 people in attendance (we counted LOL) I saw the free tix in the ACG, but I think we're going to do the Improv when we'll be out there in a couple weeks!

13. zoey11

zoey11 Mid roller and Vegas fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only one I have seen is Sin City Comedy at PH. Got tickets at tix4tonight, so it was cheap. The room is not great, but the comedians were hilarious and we laughed til we cried.
    Didn't care much for the burlesque dancer, that was even boring to my hubby, but it didn't last long so overall we liked it.
    Planning to try Harrah's in Oct when we are there

14. Aero

Aero Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We like the Improv best. They always get top talent. I miss the Comedy Stop at the Trop... that place always had us rolling.

15. Jameezy

Jameezy RIP Riviera

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome. They are always giving out buy one get one free tickets. Might try it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.