1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Jordan.... wtf

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by NickPapageorgio, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jordan should have drafted Thomas Robinson. Period. I love MJ, but he has to be the worst owner/GM in sports history. Matt Millen gets a pass because several of the talented players (Charles Rogers, Kevin Smith etc) had injury problems. On paper, his selection of Mike Williams was great.... he had the potential of Calvin Johnson, but it didn't work out.

Why MJ, why? You passed on a future all star power forward? A Ben Wallace/ Dwight Howard hybrid, a major building block of a franchise?

Kudos to the Hornets and Celtics, for 2 of the best team drafts i've seen in years. The Kings and Thunder also impressed me with their picks.

Nick:beer:

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    he's terrible without a doubt. he just has no ability to see and evaluate talent. he's still too stuck on the fact that his career is over. he hasn't even accepted that yet.

3. zerofan

zerofan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So awful - Kwame Brown anyone?

4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I only watched Robinson during the last few games of tournament and remarked to my son, "that kid's got a big future comin'-up in the NBA", big body, big heart... seems to have to tools and skills needed. Charlotte's an awful team right now and doesn't have the talent to compete night in and night out. I thought Robinson should've gone there as well.

To be fair though, I did notice a drop in Kentucky's game whenever Kidd-Gilchrist was in foul trouble or on the bench. His energy seemed to pick-up the whole team when he was on the floor.

I do know this... it's such a crapshoot with many of these kids...Google any draft and you'll find guys in the top 10 you've never heard of afterwards and guys drafted much, much later who become Hall of Famers.

Michael Jordan's executive carreer hasn't been anything to speak of to this point though...

5. KnotGillty

KnotGillty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Robinson was a steal for the Kings at #5. I live in Sacramento and I'm happy. Having two young potential studs (Demarcus Cousins & Robinson) protecting the basket and hauling down rebounds gives me hope for the future.

6. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only problem is that it seems Sacramento is where good college players go to fade into obscurity. I live at Lake Tahoe and even I forgot Sacramento still has an NBA team!!! Winning will fix that though...

7. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What an interesting statement.

8. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree 100%... Building a young team (Jimmer at PG is no star, but young and energetic and he'll be a solid upper middle tier ball disto and 3 pt threat) around a STRONG front line is always easier than building from outside in.

Add a solid swingman to the mix and Sactown will be in the playoffs in 2014.

Again... MJ, you are nuts. Thomas Robinson, barring injury will be an All-Star. Kidd-Gilchrist is an amazing young talent, but the reality is that you don't pass on All Star Power Forwards when you are building a team.

Nick:beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.