1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What would you do(in Vegas) if you hit it BIG

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by AceRothstein80, Jun 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AceRothstein80

AceRothstein80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me and my buddy had a discussion, talking specifically about the WSOP since we play alot of poker. I told him, if I won the main event, my first thing I would do is go to the Wynn and buy a Ferrari to drive back home(chicago) and just soak it all in.

So, any big WSOP pot, or maybe 2 million $$ progressive slot of better, thats probably what I would do

2. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i'd watch LOVE again to see if i like it the second time around *shrug*

3. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a bitter realist, so the first things I'd do is figure out how much I'd lose to taxes (35% + 7%, roughly). Then I'd read the small print on the slot machine that says "20 year payout."

Then I'd buy a nice present for my host, then take my wife shopping. The cats would look a lot more like Blofeld's cat in Diamonds Are Forever, I assure you!

4. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Buy the most expensive packages at the Exotic Driving Experience, and Sky Combat Ace. Would blow like $10K at Spearmint Rhino, then go eat at Earls

5. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    shopping first for some jewlery for the wife, rolex for me and my host. then just leave some on deposit for the next trip and have the rest wired home. nothing would change in my Vegas experience.

6. MangoPort

MangoPort High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also playing in the Main Event and thought about this too. Mine is a lot more boring. Take wife, her sisters and my mom out shopping at several high end stores. The rest goes into savings and probably $1million is put away as my new bankroll. Only $50k would be left in Vegas for future trips.

I gamble based on income, not on savings.

7. TuneinTokyo

TuneinTokyo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hookers?

No, the really expensive ones. With that much money I don't think my wife would care. She can still shop. J/K

Personally I don't care much for money, probably because I've never been rich, so as long as I'm having fun and my family is taken care of whatever goes, goes. Win or lose the house will still get paid for.

8. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it was all in one lump sum (IE: some progressives are paid out over 10, 15 or 20 years) I'd probably do something boring like get $5000 in cash and the rest in a check.

With the $5000 burning a hole in my pocket I'd probably go to McDonald's and not even look at the dollar menu... just go right for one of the premium burgers, like a Big Mac or Quarter Pounder with cheese. Then I'd go to the ABC store and buy a can of one of the premium beers.

Actually that sounds like I'm kidding, but its probably pretty close to reality - I definitely would take almost the whole thing as a check to make sure I don't do something stupid and/or impulsive that I will probably regret later.

And I definitely don't want to be in a situation where I am convincing myself how OK it is to gamble outside of my comfort level because I have the big money now. Like I don't want to be "Oh whats it going to hurt to buy in to the blackjack table with $25,000... hell, I've got $2,000,000 sitting here and thats just a tiny little dent out of the money" and then end up getting myself in a hole where after a few drinks and some bad decisions I'm going back to get more money to try and "win back" the money or something, telling myself "man, all I need is just a couple of good wins in a row and I'm back in the black!" and then end up pissing away more than I do feel comfortable with.

And for something like the buying the Ferrari... if the Ferrari was my dream car I'd probably rather go rent one to check it out, or check out a few different models to see which one I like. Then fly back home in a private jet and try to find one locally instead.

9. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While still in Vegas I'd go have some amazing meals. When I got home I'd pay off my debt, pay the mortgage on my apartment, get an interior designer and redo my apartment.

10. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Assuming my priority items (bills, home improvements, savings, reasonably priced car, future vacations) are cared for and I can quit my job...ask the best looking women I can find who their plastic surgeon is and visit them for a few improvements. I could have a relaxing recovery right in Vegas. Maybe get a smaller suite or condo instead of a regular hotel room. Visit the spa every day. Lay in bed picking out the improvements I want done on my house. Pick out a nice piece of jewellery and have my engagement and wedding rings re-styled to add an anniversary ring.

11. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I won tons of money

I would buy me a beautiful emerald ring surrounded by diamonds in Vegas.

I would make plans to go on the Orient Express train and other trains by myself.
    I would take an expensive cruise ship to the caribbean islands.

I would go to Alaska and spend two weeks in an expensive hotel and take
    tours.

I would buy me a home in Palm Springs, Calif. and also keep my condo in L.A. I would become a Snow Bird and a desert rat.

I would make reservations in Vegas and stay at their expensive hotels.

These are just a few of the things I would do. It is part of my bucket list.

I presently have the money to do all of these wishes.....But only one wish can be fulfilled once per year. I don't plan to blow my savings.
    I also wouldn't blow any winnings either.

I noticed some of you said you would go eat at McDonalds, Earl sandwiches,
    pay off your house payment, etc. I believe that these are things that all of you can afford to do presently. Paying off your house can be accomplished if you set your mind to do it as soon as you can. It may take time to pay off your bills and house mortgage...and still be able to have fun.

I also like McDonalds sometimes and love the Earl sandwiches.

I don't think that lots of money really changes some of us because I once told my sister that if I ever became super rich I would still be frugal and shop at discount stores.
    I would also budget my money as I do now to stay at a financial comfortable level. The fun part would be that I would be at a higher financial level.

I have heard of lottery winners just throwing away all of the millions they win.

I would disconnect my home phone and get a new cell number so the relatives would not come looking for me.lol. I would disappear for a few months to think about how I would change my life-style with the new money.
    I think I will start making a wish list of what I truly want in my life. Lucy

12. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd go for a Rolex Yach-master II first. After that, I'd buy a bigger house (I think I'd keep mine and rent it out though).

[​IMG]

13. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would rent the finest woman money can buy

I would throw away all my clothes and luggage and get some new stuff

Get a nice watch

14. zerofan

zerofan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would certainly gamble more frequently plus I would have a few fancy dinners and fly a few people there and treat them to a nice vacation.

My spending would start when I got home.

15. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go out to a Vegas animal shelter and donate a hefty chunk to care for the animals.

16. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's a idea... Take that money and pay off all your debts and then invest the rest for your future!

17. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’d risk it all to see if I could win a little more. :beer:

18. AceRothstein80

AceRothstein80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Ferrari for me, would be almost more like a victory lap, a cool way to travel back home after winning millions in a WSOP event. Other than having that, I'd still drive a Jeep and live in a modest house that is paid off, and live debt free for life!

If I hit something big but not huge, like a progressive slot(never realised they pay off over time) or just some mid level jackpot game...I would not do too much special or over the top. I'd pay off the house, probably buy a new Jeep and no Ferrari...probably have double maybe triple my Vegas budget(im a low roller) for future trips, I'd travel other places more often too...and invest the rest

19. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would still stick to my gamble budget, If 2 mill, would wire 1.5 back home not to be tempted :evillaugh, then fly out some family and friends out to see how long it would take to blow through 500K :beer:

20. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :nworthy: One thing for sure would be donate a good amount to PRO (Pointer Rescue Org) who I do evaluations for, the breed has some real asses as owners and much as I love the breed I would have to do something to help it. The rest, probably buy a Penthouse at Mandarin Oriental and then invest the rest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.