1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Will a wrap-around terrace suite @Cosmopolitan fit 5 comfortably?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Tomsushi, Jun 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tomsushi

Tomsushi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello everyone this will be my 9th time going to Vegas. I have stayed in a variety of rooms with various # of friends but this will be my first time staying at the Cosmo. Are there any rooms(suites) at the Cosmo that aren't quite as expensive as the lanai that has maybe 2 queens + the pullout? or can we request a roll-out bed?

I was also wondering if I would be able to request the fridge be empty upon checking-in? I heard it may cost 25 per day.... My friend likes to eat healthy and wants to cook some of his own meals.

2. danjr

danjr Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The wraparound is big, but only 1 bed. The couch is pretty comfy though. There is enough space for 5 guys but you would need a rollaway and some to sleep on the floor. There are connecting 1 bedrooms as well, which give quite a bit of room with a large couch(some are pullouts). Yes they clear out the fridge for a one time fee of $25, not per day.

3. worldtraveler661

worldtraveler661 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Id check out other places too, such as the Elara. formerly the PH Towers. has full fridge and kitchen. 2bedroom suite has 2 kings, pull out, couch and can request a roll away.

2bedroom has like 6 tvs total lol.

4. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Might be easier somewhere else.. We've squashed 5 in a room at THEhotel, 2 queens and one on the couch. You could do 5 at the Venetian, 2 queens and a couch. Wasn't too bad, and having the half bath was nice so someone could get ready in there. (but neither have a kitchen)

Yea, check Elara also, haven't stayed there, but they have probably the most reasonable 2 bedroom..

The rooms at Trump are huge, the fridges are empty. but only 1 king, and a sofa bed, but they have 2 showers which is nice, and I'm guessing you could get a rollaway. Vdara is big too, also empty fridges, but the 1 bedooms only have a king and sofa bed. But there is plenty of actual room for 5 people.

5. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it depends on your definition of "comfortably". i sure as hell wouldn't share one of those suites with 4 other guys, but some people would cram 4 guys into a standard room with 2 queens. your best bet on the cheap for 5 guys is 2 connecting rooms with 2 queens in each. one dude can get a roll-away or sleep on the floor. or the other option is a 2BR suite which usually has one BR with 1 king and the other with 2 queens. then a sofa and one guy can get a roll-away. or go for a really big suite if you want to live it up. the 2BR Skyloft can sleep at least 7 guys easily even without any roll-aways.

6. Tomsushi

Tomsushi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the help everyone, I should have mentioned that my group consists of 3 guys 2 gals. We are pretty set on staying at Cosmo as we haven't stayed there yet and the balcony is nice.

Danjr so the couch in the wrap-around is not a pull out? Does anyone know how much the connecting 1 bedroom will cost? or maybe see if I could to the $20 thing and hope for the best.

I go to Vegas every year so I will definitely check out some of yall suggestions soon.

7. danjr

danjr Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No the couch in the wraparound does not pull out, but it is a big L shaped couch. Some of the 1 bedrooms have pullouts, some dont. I used the Marriott Look No Further deal to get a great deal on the rooms. Basically book Cosmo through Marriott.com and find it cheaper on another website within 24 hours and submit a claim. They will give you the cheaper rate plus another 25% off. Our rate went from $1800 for the wraparound to $800 for 3 nights(Fri-Mon) and for the 1 bedroom from about $900 to less than $500, so we got the wrap+1BR connecting for $1300 over a weekend. We put in a request to have them connect and then checked in early to get assigned the room, although we couldnt get in the room until later that day

8. Tomsushi

Tomsushi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info danjr, I will definitely use the Look No Further next time I plan a trip. I'm a little disappointed that the couch isn't a pull out and even more disappointed that a pull out is +30 per day. I am considering getting a connecting 1 bedroom. I've read that people have gotten things comp'd using the $20 trick so i may give that a go.

9. rcrockz

rcrockz Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do think the bed situation is the most important factor. But since you group has a mix of guys and girls I will point out that the wraparound I stayed in had 2 full bathrooms. 1 in master bedroom and one in the entryway near kitchen.
    Keep in mind the bathroom in the master is an open floorplan. So you can't close a door! May or may not be important to you.

10. kingpasty

kingpasty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, 5 would be pushing it. I'd pony up for the 1 BR connector, which will give the couples a bed, and the 5th wheel the couch. That way everyone is comfy! Oh, and you'd definitely have to pay for the connector, the $20 trick won't help you here, as this is an entirely different room that will have to be reserved, not just an upgrade.

11. Tomsushi

Tomsushi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the continued suggestions everyone!

The open bathroom won't be a problem for us. But could you tell me more about the 2nd bed in the entryway? Did you have to ask for it or was it already in the room when you checked in? Should I go early and ask about it?

I see what you mean, i'll see what they charge me for the connector room. It definitely doesn't help that i'm going July 4th week but i'll still give the $20 trick a shot. Read stories of other people getting extra or upgraded rooms at a discount. If I decide to get the connector may as well hope to pay less for it lol

12. rcrockz

rcrockz Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is not a second bed in the entryway. There is a second FULL BATH with shower.

IF it was me, no way would I stay in this room with 5 people. But that's just me.
    It was a great room. And I suppose y'all might be okay if just a night. But unless you have a crew that can rough it I wouldn't push it.

13. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just came back from cosmo after staying in one of there Terrace Suites. I would definately recommend it for your party just add a connecting room so you will have plenty of sleeping areas. The suite itself feel almost twice the size vs there 1bedroom and teracce studio. Another big advantage is that it has 2 bathrooms both with shower although their balcony is a lot smaller then the wraparound its still twice the size as normal balconys plus they are all facing the fountains.

14. jld34

jld34 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for the tip on the "Look No Further" Guarantee - got a great rate at the cosmo!

15. Iamrice

Iamrice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No.

I love the room, but it has a ton of wasted space. The hallway eats up around 300sq ft of the room size. As others have said there are no extra beds. I'd add the extra room or aim for another property.

16. CreditRocks

CreditRocks Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As others have stated, your question depends on what "comfortable" means. As for me, I don't care where I sleep as long as I have some space when I go with my friends. I'm not in the room very much since I'm either going to the pool, clubs, etc.

Since the room is very big, one person could sleep in the hall way, 2 can take the living room, and 2 can take the bedroom (to give you on idea). Yes, the hallway is BIG lol. So, if people do not mind sleeping on the couch/ground, the room is definitely big enough to fit 5.

17. Tomsushi

Tomsushi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats exactly what we were thinking, I suppose i'll just pay for the pullout bed. I saw a video someone posted of their wrap-around and they had a nice looking bed in the living room that they just pushed up against the wall when not in use.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Tomsushi

Tomsushi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm pretty sure we can rough it out. Like most of you we won't be in the room that often, mostly just to crash out after a night in the club(s). However we are staying for 4 nights. Next trip i'll look into the Venetian or THEhotel.

19. CreditRocks

CreditRocks Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've slept on the rollaway bed before and it is actually quite comfortable. It should be anyway, given Cosmo is one of the top hotels in Vegas haha. You might be able to get the bed on Cosmo too, given that you are staying in one of the nicer rooms. Just ask during checkout if you are charged, won't hurt.

20. Tomsushi

Tomsushi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys for the tips, talked it over with my group and it seems like we are fine with the room as long as we can get the roll away bed. So that leaves more money for gambling!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.