1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Nfr 2012

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by sammowhammo, Jun 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ATXTX

ATXTX VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like I will be going during the last weekend of the National Finals Rodeo - what's it like then?

What's fun to do that only happens when NFR is in town? (other than go to the rodeo, hahah)

Where do the rodeo folks like to go gamble? I like fun crowds.

When we Were Young
  2. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    During the 2011 NFR, the MGM has many rodeo events including a pit set up for NFR with "shot girls" in leather chaps and little else and table games. I believe Gold Coast also has events during NFR. Toby Keith's also seems to draw many of the rodeo crowd.:eek:

3. Leeza14

Leeza14 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is the last day of that the 16th?

4. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been twice at that time of year. The weekend is always busy but the weekdays pretty slow. The rodeo lot are pretty chilled out. Expect to see some gigantic hats. They have special carriers for them as well.

5. ATXTX

ATXTX VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes it is.

Heh - I read that to my husband & he says I have chosen a good weekend to go

Thanks y'all - my hairdresser's son was a Junior National Grand Champion in calf-roping (got a full ride to college for it too!) & she's very sweet & genuine so I was hoping the rest of the Rodeo crowd was similar.

Giant Hats - lolz. I'm From Texas, I should feel right at home. :thumbsup:

When we Were Young
  6. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

special carriers for gigantic hats? that what the horse folk call "heads"...pilgrim.

7. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I found it amusing seeing people walking around with these...I have never considered protection for my hat before.

[​IMG]

8. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

hat protectors

ohhh...i get it. i have never seen anything like that, in any western store or even at any western wear wholesale trade show! i suppose the rodeo queen pageant crowd might need something like that to carry different colors for different outfits around, but that is the only reason i can think of to have something like that.

9. Bruinfan1

Bruinfan1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once you take your hat on a plane, you'll quickly realize that you need one of those. Placing an unprotected hat in overhead these days guarantees a bent brim. Though I think the smart folks store it under the seat in plastic? Wearing it all flight just invites neck pain....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.