1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Better for Comps: Cosmo, Wynn, Venetian?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by UKFanatic, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A friend and I were discussing this week which hotel is better for giving comps to a table player: Cosmo, Wynn, or Venetian?

He is looking to maximize his comps as a table player (he mostly plays BJ and craps). He thinks Venetian is best. I told him I thought Cosmo was decent, at leats until recently. I don't really play enough at Venetian or Wynn to have any sense about which hotel better comps table players.

Anywho, just a topic for discussion. If anyone has any thoughts on which of these hotels is better for comps, please share

I Need Spa
  2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They're the 3 worst compers on the strip. Although V/P seems to be opening up some.

3. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think if you ask shifter/tella/jilly/nate that comps are best given for table players at MGM, and wynncore....

CET doesnt give as good kickbacks to table players compared to their slot players or it seems....

4. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I mostly play MGM. The friend was asking about the others. At least we both agreed that CET does not give good comps for table players

I Need Spa
  5. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a first stay coming up @ Palazzo later this year - so far they seem at least on par with MGM, perhaps even more so - though right now, we're also still technically in the "courting" phase - so the final verdict won't be in until later this year - but right now V/P seems to be a little desperate to get players back in there, so it might be the best time to give them a try if you've been thinking about it anyway.

In my experience Wynn is the stingiest on the strip [though I've heard Cosmo is even worse, but have never played there so can't give a personal experience opinion on that one, just hearsay]

6. natedog666

natedog666 17 and 20 Expert

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me, the MGM properties are the most generous, and then Palazzo, then the Wynn/Encore. I'm mostly a Craps/Baccarat player. One thing is that the Palazzo comps the craps a little differently then the other two properties, so I won't play craps when I'm there.

7. r00k13

r00k13 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play roulette at Cosmo average bet about 200-300. I'm not sure how long I play each day maybe 2-4 depending if I win enough to keep playing but I get free wraparound suite most of the time I visit. They also hook it up with 2 bedroom suite on new year for 5 nights as well so I'm thinking that's pretty decent comp. Any thought on what kind of comp I can get at other properties?

8. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So you are saying you bet $200-300/spin for 2-4 hrs./day?? You shouldn't have any problem getting some very nice comps at ANY property. (getting a free wraparound suite most of the time/2BR suite over new years is for UPPER tier players.

9. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Roulette's a high HA game - I hope you're getting a limo & at least some F&B for play at that level, too - otherwise IMO you're getting undercomped.

10. Stacks O. Purple

Stacks O. Purple Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you playing single zero with en prison? If so, that's not an ultra-high HA game.

11. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends if you're making inside or outside bets - yes, outside bets on a single-zero wheel the HA is then low & comparable to most other games - but if you're making inside bets, even on a single-zero wheel, the HA is still something like 2.6% or 2.7%, which is still relatively high compared to BJ, baccarat, craps, etc. - for someone like me who only makes inside bets, for example, its a much bigger contributor to my overall theo than blackjack or baccarat.

So even if he's playing single-zero with en prison, if he's betting $200-$300 spin all on inside bets, it's comparable to if he was playing blackjack at $500+ hand for the same amount of time in terms of the theo he's generating.

So I guess it really matters whether he's making inside bets, outside bets or a mix of both to determine if he's getting comped fairly or not.

12. ttom

ttom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cosmo Wynn or Venetian? I get better comps at Denny's with the $2 $4 $6 $8 menu.

13. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would agree that none of these properties are overly open with comps.

Then again, it depends HIGHLY on what your betting levels are.

14. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think he typically bets $25-$50 per hand or roll for four to five hours a day

I Need Spa
  15. Tubbs

Tubbs High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think this is a case of "none of the above". Perhaps MGM might be a decent fit. Good rules for the games played, mid-ranking hotel with renovated rooms and reasonable comps for the low (but not micro) roller.

I think your friend is shooting for the stars, looking at Cosmo/Wynn/Venetian at $25-$50 stakes.

16. r00k13

r00k13 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play inside on double 0 wheel. But then I typically put only about 10k max at risk for the whole trip.

17. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I have been trying to get him to play more MGM in the past. But he's getting us a room at Venetian in September, so I won't complain too loudly. I think he's just not a big MGM fan

I Need Spa
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.