1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games Rio Roulette Wheel

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by smartone, Jun 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From today's LV Sun... last night, the Rios' roulette wheel apparently hit on seven straight 19's, then hit 15, then 19 AGAIN!!! Odds of this (seven straight hits on one number) happening are 114 Billion to 1. How crazy is that?

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No no, its not that bad, only about 3 billion to 1 :)

If its any number at any given time hitting 7 times in a row thats only 3 billion to 1

If it were a specific number hitting on the next 7 spins then that would be 114 billion to 1

OK OK... either way it is still quite a longshot :) :) :)

3. RebelDiceMan

RebelDiceMan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dang, 19 is one of my "always play" numbers.

4. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here......it's my bday so.....WOW

5. Tellafriend

Tellafriend MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As of a few minutes ago, CET had not acknowledged this. There is a link with picture on the LVS Sun website for anyone who wants to look. However, as a roulette player I am telling you this is not accurate. the ball reading machines frequently malfunction and show the same hits over and over. When you consider this with the other repeats on the board and the fact it came back to 19 one spin later, there is clearly an error. Sorry. The most i have ever seen in a row is 3, a few times actually, and i have had several dealers tell me they have hit 4 in a room, although I haven't seen it.

6. dunebug81

dunebug81 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The boards at the roulette tables at the Rio have been malfunctioning for years. I wouldn't trust them at all.

7. FoolsGold

FoolsGold Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The picture fails to show a Table Gone Mad or even a mildly excited crowd around the roulette table. Conclusion: annunciator panel error!

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would also agree it could be a faulty display.

Picture and article here

9. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That four 20s are also showing on that board (although not all consecutive) it does look like it is a problem with the display than having actually happened.

10. may24

may24 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I seen a number hit 4 in a row once with the 5th spin landing one number over.
    I doubt 7 in a row happened either, but the Rio wouldnt say no.....look at all the attention it got for them.
    Reminds me of when paris Hilton apparently won 30K on blackjack at the Wynn and the national media picked up the story.

11. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Rio actually said today that nobody was playing, they were running diagnostics.

12. FoolsGold

FoolsGold Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    According to the CET blog,
    The table was open but no such event took place and no repair or diagnosis was in progress.
    CET glossed over questions of deferred maintenance or any corporate obligation to provide an accurate display and emphasized the display was not an integral part of the game.

As could have been guessed by the lack of a frenzied jam packed table, the string of 19s seven in a row never took place.

13. Srvanwyk

Srvanwyk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Surprise surprise....

14. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The verdict's in...

Caesars Entertainment Gary Thompson explained Wednesday afternoon, the number 19 hit twice in a three-minute span (the number of spins in a stretch varies depending on how many players are at the table and the amount the dealer pays out). At that point, the machine began misreading spins, registering four 20s in a six-spin series, then the seven 19s. In all, eight of nine spins turned up “19” on the lighted panel.

But Thompson said, “We had a look at the surveillance cameras, and those number absolutely were entered wrong. The board was not reading the proper numbers on those spins.”:eek:

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.