1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Small Wedding Reception Dinner

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Kayciep, Jun 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kayciep

Kayciep Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey guys!

I am brand new to this forum. I have so many questions about Las Vegas I decided I had to join a new forum. My question about restaurants is where are the cheap ones!?

I will be getting married in Las Vegas in April of 2013. After the wedding I would love to take everyone who came to my wedding out for a dinner. Something similar to a small reception, but nothing too fancy. I am estimating about 20 - 25 people will be coming to my wedding. I am looking for something cheap like $30 or less per person. I am not picky about what type of food. I just want everyone to have a good time.

I am also looking for cheap bar packages to go along with this, but I don't think that's possible. So what I was going to do is pay for dinner than have everyone pay for their own drinks (unless I can afford it).

I would LOVE any suggestions. I am really last here. I have never been to Vegas before.

2. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

ok, there are some other questions that you need to know the answer to, then you can ask the question again.

where will your wedding be at, and will it be in the afternoon or early evening?

will you have any older family members attending? it might be a big day, and them having to take a twenty dollar cab to and from the restaurant to their hotel might make it even longer, as well as costing them almost as much as the dinner!

can assume it will be a long day, and having dinner close to where you, and the above mentioned guests are staying might be important, so, where are you staying at?

those questions answered, and you probably do not know the answers yet, will help people make a more informed response to you. good luck.

3. Kayciep

Kayciep Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There will not be older guests. The oldest guest will be 50. I am having a sunset wedding that is one mile from the strip. Transportation will not be an issue. I just wanted some suggestions from locals or pretty much anyone who knows of any such place like I listed above. I'm currently just looking into everything before I fit the puzzle together. Thanks for your reply!

4. Kayciep

Kayciep Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh I forgot to mention we're staying at Harrahs. Sorry about that.

5. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The last reception I went to in Las Vegas was at the Bahama Breeze at Paradise and Flamingo. It was a smaller group and it was in the kind of gazebo like room off to the left. After dinner they had a guitar player there and there was some dancing going on. (Jamaaaica, mon!) Nice and low key.

6. Kayciep

Kayciep Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you so much! Their pricing is amazing. I have emailed them. Thank you!

7. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1) Search this board (upper right menu bar) for previous discussions on this topic

2) Consider a buffet - many have private rooms, then food choice is wide and you can please *most * people.

Maggianos is another frequent suggestion, though - like Bahama Breeze - it's a chain and doesn't give me that Vegas vibe. But the prices are good and they're used to handling large groups, so.....

8. Lasvegashoney22

Lasvegashoney22 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My sister had her wedding reception at Fellini's at Stratosphere . It was great. The food was good and we had a private room. They even provided the wedding cake. You can check out their wedding reception options on their website - fellinislv dot com. :wave:

9. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I gotta +1 on Fellini's. It remains a Vegas institution. Another option for a fun group locale with great Ital is The Bootlegger Bistro down south:

http://www.bootleggerlasvegas.com/

And neither is a national chain!

10. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would second both Fellini's and Bootlegger.

11. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

Check out Grand Lux too.

12. celticnoel79

celticnoel79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had my wedding reception at Maggianos, wedding itself was at the Wynn primrose gardens then we took the short trip across the street, Maggianos was fantastic, we had the Calabria room with the "free" 4 hour bar. Obviously we payed for this but we all took advantage (Being Scottish) so it was well worth the price. Personally it is my favourite Italian restraunt i have EVER eaten at and ive been in more than a few! Im aware that folks on here have a go at it because its a chain but in my opinion it blows away a lot of the so called higher class establishments, in my experience anyway, so looking forward to returning on my next trip this December :nworthy:

13. GoobSoCold

GoobSoCold Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My friend had his wedding at TI and reception dinner at Maggianos (Fashion Show Mall). We had a private room. The service was really good. They served 4 appetizers, 4 entree's and 4 desserts family style, so you could try what ever you liked. They also got the unlimited bar package, which we took full advantage of. Italian is not my favorite food, but I was very impressed.

14. Jonnyvegas

Jonnyvegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Grand Luxe / Fellini's

Funny the coincindence of suggestions. My wife and I got married in Vegas back in 04'. I know it's been 8 years, but others suggested our restaurants. I researched dozens of places before we booked our dinners. We had about 33 total people for our wedding and 13 for our rehearsal dinner. We went to the Venetian Grand Luxe for our rehearsal dinner and Fellini's for our wedding dinner. Both were awesome! Good luck!

15. TylerH50

TylerH50 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You might be hard pressed for find a Strip property to meet your $30 a head price for food. I plan an annual dinner for a 60 person conference, and I've gotten quotes from a lot of places and held dinners at The Range, Ballys (catered in a meeting room), Les Artistes (not there anymore) and this year at Nine Fine Irishmen.

Drinks are the big expense. Most places want $25 to $40 per person for a hosted bar for 2 hours of service. You can go cheaper by offering just beer and wine though. If you go w/ a strip property, I got good pricing at Nine Fine Irishmen, but it was still mid-forties a person for a 3 course meal.

16. smrtmom05

smrtmom05 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am hosting a lunch after my wedding on Sept 4th. 18 people. We looked at a ton of places, and decided on The Grotto at The Golden Nugget. They host up to 35 or 40. Price is VERY much under your $30 per person budget. They had several menu options at different prices and several drink options.

We also looked at The World Buffet at The Rio (a bit over your budget) and Hoffbrauhause (way under). Both were great choices an loads of fun.

I will post how The Grotto is after the wedding!

17. smrtmom05

smrtmom05 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

BTW, wanted to post the Grotto was god, not great. Food was really great, and the family loved it. Service was lacking a bit. We had requested that all alcohol be on separate checks for each person (cash bar in other words). They didn't.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.