1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

21st Birthday and New Year's

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by irg1224, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. irg1224

irg1224 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey VMB, I'm a first time poster and have been lurking for a while trying to figure out the best way to go about this trip. Unfortunately, I haven't found the answers I've been looking for in other posts, and that may be my fault, but I feel like my situation is kind of unique.

Basically, my birthday is Christmas Eve, and since my friends and I can't celebrate at school because of the holidays, I figured...why not go to Vegas? Myself and 3 other guys (possibly more) want to go, get a room at a 3+ star hotel on the strip, and ring in the New Year and my legal ability to drink in Sin City. I know this is about 6 months in advance, but I also know that NYE in Las Vegas is extremely popular, so I really want to get a plan in my mind at least of what I'll be able to do.

I've seen that almost every attraction, event, and club will be packed wall-to-wall and marked up ridiculously, but I was hoping some of you might have tips and tricks to help me get the biggest "bang" for my buck (literally and figuratively). The jist of what I'm looking for is:

1. A lot of drinking
    2. A lot of beautiful women
    3. Younger crowd
    4. The best time of my life (better than a fraternity college spring break trip to the bahamas)

I am on a budget, hopefully under $1000 per person (idk what a typical range is)? but other than that I'm pretty flexible, hoping to stay 2-3 nights on the strip. Any and all help is appreciated, and sorry for the long post. :beer:

TL/DR: Im turning 21 around New Years and want to have an amazing time in Vegas with some friends while keeping a feasible budget for a college student

2. irg1224

irg1224 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a repost from another forum on the message boards, I thought this would be a more appropriate place for it, sorry if this is frowned upon by admins, wasn't sure what to do.

Hey VMB, I'm a first time poster and have been lurking for a while trying to figure out the best way to go about this trip. Unfortunately, I haven't found the answers I've been looking for in other posts, and that may be my fault, but I feel like my situation is kind of unique.

Basically, my birthday is Christmas Eve, and since my friends and I can't celebrate at school because of the holidays, I figured...why not go to Vegas? Myself and 3 other guys (possibly more) want to go, get a room at a 3+ star hotel on the strip, and ring in the New Year and my legal ability to drink in Sin City. I know this is about 6 months in advance, but I also know that NYE in Las Vegas is extremely popular, so I really want to get a plan in my mind at least of what I'll be able to do.

I've seen that almost every attraction, event, and club will be packed wall-to-wall and marked up ridiculously, but I was hoping some of you might have tips and tricks to help me get the biggest "bang" for my buck (literally and figuratively). The jist of what I'm looking for is:

1. A lot of drinking
    2. A lot of beautiful women
    3. Younger crowd
    4. The best time of my life (better than a fraternity college spring break trip to the bahamas)

I am on a budget, hopefully under $1000 per person (idk what a typical range is)? but other than that I'm pretty flexible, hoping to stay 2-3 nights on the strip. Any and all help is appreciated, and sorry for the long post.

TL/DR: Im turning 21 around New Years and want to have an amazing time in Vegas with some friends while keeping a feasible budget for a college student

3. MangoPort

MangoPort High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's my recommendation.

Use expedia or vegas.com to book your hotel. You're going to want to stay at Imperial Palace, Treasure Island or someplace near there ON THE STRIP. No matter how cheap a price you are offered you want to stay on the Las Vegas strip, ideally around those two hotels.

For one of the nights, budget $300 per person for going out. Because it's NYE everything will be expensive, but if you plan for one big night ahead of time you won't regret it.

For another night, grab alcohol from any of the liquor stores and pre-drink while finding places around your hotel selling "buck-a-beers".

4. A.J. Poulson

A.J. Poulson MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For the beautiful women and younger crowd I'd recommend Planet Hollywood. Young crowd with lots of gorgeous women, the dealers in the pleasure pit are all very pretty as well. Great location center strip across from the B right in the middle of the action.

5. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have to book NOW!!

The hotels get full one year in advance I heard.

Imperial Palace hotel is REAL CHEAP presently because they are re-modeling their hotel. They have great deals. Book NOW. NO RESORT FEES.

Treasure Island has resort fees and cost more.

Drinking: You can stock up your room with liquor bought at Drug stores
    or the ABC Stores. You can fill your trash cans with ice and beer and put them in your bathtub in case they leak. Or... rent a refrigerator.

If you always want a beer in your hand....carry them in a insulated soft container that can carry six cold beers.

Beautiful girls: Beware of the hookers. Vegas has lots of beautiful girls
    hanging out with their girlfriends. You must offer to buy them a drink if
    you want them to hang out with you guys for awhile. If you offer to buy them lunch or dinner at some inexpensive place like Earls of Sandwich
    at Planet Hollywood you will be able to spend more time with them.
    Or.... find a cheapy Pizza place.
    If you guys act stupid.... they will dump you.

Food: McDonalds has the best deals for people who want to save money.
    Drug stores and ABC stores has sandwiches and lots of snacks.
    You must eat a sandwich at EARLS OF SANDWICH. BEST EVER!

Transportation: Buy a 24hour bus pass for $7.00. You can get on and off until the bus pass expires. You will see the RTC bus stops. You must pay with exact amount of money. There is a Machine to buy it in advance.

Be prepared to stand in long lines for everything. VEGAS will be super crowded. Have fun! LucyR.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    New Years can be a great time - as long as you know what you are getting into. Lots of lines and people. But, hey, go for it.

Personally, I would book directly with hotel. I might use the big sites to do a bit of shopping first though.

A big budget buster could be doing those clubs and bottle service. Think twice about that.

Women - lots around. Not sure how many are "available". You mile may vary.

Between no and the, scan these boards. Lots of information.

7. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't have a lot of suggestions, but I love your tl:dr:thumbsup:

What I do for trips in the future - once you find a rate you can live with, book a room somewhere, typically directly with the hotel and easy to cancel WITHOUT penalty (check before you book). Next - "like" on facebook all the hotels you would consider staying with, because they often release specials on their fb sites. Sign up for emails if you want (these days, I don't think I've received an email offer any different than what I see on FB - I'm not a big $ gambler, so even though I have reward cards everywhere, I'm not getting comps or room offers better than the email/FB ones) Travelzoo has a great weekly email with specials (spa, room, show - I don't pay attention to clubs so I don't know if they'll be included or not)

Over the months as NYE approaches, you'll be in a position to change your room reservation as other deals come out that look better to you.

8. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    gotta be honest, NYE in Vegas is one of the most expensive times to go sheerly because of supply and demand. and what you're looking for in terms of a fairly nice hotel on the strip and lots of drinking with beautiful women costs a lot of money anytime of year, but especially NYE.

but the more people you have come and the less picky you are about how you sleep, the better your chances are. if you have 4 guys come with $1000 budget each, that's $4000. you can pick up 2 connecting rooms at a place like PH with 2 queen beds in each and that won't cost you too much for 3 nights. if you eat mostly quick bites and fast food, that won't cost you too much. that will leave a pretty good amount of money for clubs and drinking and parties, which is where the real cost is especially around NYE.

9. Pinedream

Pinedream Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with Planet Ho. We have been to Vegas for NYE twice. Everyone should do it at least once, probably only once. For the fireworks and countdown LV Blvd. will be closed to traffic and everyone will file out of the hotels and everywhere nearby and collect in the street. You will never ever experience anything like it. We were so packed in by people that you could not control which direction you go in, the crowd literaaly moves you. We were so packed in that I could pick both feet off the ground and not fall down.

LISTEN TO THIS PART IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!! If you stay at IP and decide go party at Planet Ho....DON'T DO IT!! You will be drinking all day and then out on the street for an hour or so. You will have to piss like a race horse and once the fireworks are over none of the hotels will let you in with out a room key proving you are staying there. Be near the hotel you are staying at.

When you do get back in be aware that drink service will not exist. The cocktail gals will just be over whelmed. Have a plan for that because on your budget you will not be in any of the clubs on NYE.

Have fun and enjoy it. Like I said, everyone should do it once.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.