1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

thinking of staying at El Cortez Cabana Junior Suites

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by thenuke1, Jun 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    theres a nice deal over at i4vegas for 4 nights(probably other third party sites too) ive booked through them before.

the deal is Book 1 night get the 2nd night free ... when i book 4 nights it gives me 2 out of the 4 free ... so im getting the room for $115 including fees which is a pretty nice deal for a smaller version of the super suite.

ive read most of the online pros and cons but id like to know if any members have stayed here and what was the experience? any info would help !

2. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed there with my fiance in april and loved the place. My brother laughed at the deal we got, him and his wife came to our room and guess what- he has booked 4 nights there in July he liked the room so much. Room was quiet, dark, and you sunk into the bed it was so soft. We are going in february to get married, and more than likely the night we get married we are staying at the M, but the other 6 nights will be at the Cabana Suites. I have stayed at the Tropicana, Ballys, IP, Days Inn @ Wild Wild West Gambling Hall and so far the Cabana Suites are my fave place I have stayed at in Vegas.

3. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of my favorites as well. Cool, funky decor, high-end furnishings, coffee pot, fridge, gorgeous bathrooms and outrageous lobby with security, great gym, and easy access to parking facilities. Be sure to check in at main building, not the Cabana building itself.

4. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nice anyone been in the Cabana Deluxe ???? its cheaper haha

5. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Another hidden gem is found in the lobby among the coffee table books - a pictorial history of Playboy magazine.

6. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's because it's much smaller. My SO had bruised shins from the narrow walk to the far side of the bed.

7. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You might consider booking a Deluxe and hoping to get bumped to a larger room at no cost. Has happened to me twice there. And if you don't, it's still a great room. Just small.

8. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you will be happy with your choice sam.

we have stayed at el cortez in a tower roon 3 or 4 times and the room and hotel service is excellent.

we have also stayed many times at Ip and are booked there in july for a great price but we like to nap during the day and worried about noise.

for not much more we can just stay at el cortez again and have no worries.

we usually have good luck with checkin lines at Ip but arriving late on a friday nite may be busy.

9. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to agree. for the same price I would rather stay in the tower rooms than a "deluxe" suite at the cabana suites. And while others are lucky to get upgraded from a deluxe room I'm usually the one who doesn't (I usually travel during the busy times like the ces convention so hard to get upgrades for me).

My one bad experience at the cabana suites turned me off to that place, I would rather have a sure thing like the tower rooms than stay at the cabana suites deluxe room ever again. But that's JMHO, others like the place but I don't see what's so great about it, I'm on vacation so I hardly would use the fitness facilities (esp since I have a 24 hr fitness membership and can use that for free). The bathrooms are nice but since I'm a guy I don't really care how good the bathroom is. To me I prefer a larger room so I can spread out my stuff, a couch would be nice also, something that the el cortez tower rooms provide but the cabana suites deluxe suite doesn't have room for.

but from what everybody is saying the jr. suites are much larger than the deluxe suites and have a couch and is roomier than the deluxe suites so that will make a big difference with your stay.

10. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thank you everyone !

seems like the only people that have negative comments that ive read online are usto massive grand suites...

im about 90% sure ill book here unless my Vegas connection comes through with a room

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.