1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

HI members HNL - LAS $159

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Bernie2, Jun 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bernie2

Bernie2 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HI members HNL - LAS $130

HI members HNL-LAS $130 o/w on Allegiant of course there are a limited number of seats. Good luck.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  2. worldtraveler661

worldtraveler661 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which dates did you see? I'm about to book LAS to HNL and back lol.

3. Bernie2

Bernie2 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You'll have to check their calendar but look at August. They do have some at $199. To me these fares for the summer are insanely cheap !! But I've been wrong before.

4. tapakip

tapakip Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, that is cheap. If I had the time, I'd go BOS-LAS for 4 days, then LAS-HNL for a week, before heading home. Could be done for $640 R/T. Pretty sweet.

5. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just make sure you understand that you have to also pay for your carry on. While they allow you a small carry on for free, you have to pay for a regular sized carry on.

That's what usually turns me off about allegiant, while I can carry on something small I will have to pay extra for carry on's that are usually free on other airlines. That usually adds on an extra $25 for a one way trip. Lots of times I find Hawaiian lowers their prices (seasonal specials) and so I get a comparable price. Plus I get credited for mileage and I also get a 5% discount using our union code (some unions get airline discounts).

I just missed it though, they dropped the rates about 4 weeks ago but raised them back up again after the specials expired. I'm hoping that they will again offer fall specials soon. :cry:

Gotta wait and see though, allegiant is only starting their HNL service this month so we will have to see the reviews.

6. Bernie2

Bernie2 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not endorsing Allegiant but stating what their fare is and one should know to thoroughly check the deal. That being said a lot of Hawaiians love Hawaiian Air and probably with good reason. Yours truly thinks that you'll see WN (SW) their soon. AK Air is stepping up service too. Whether Allegiant with add ons would be less than HA I don't know. Always good to hear from you.

7. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

thanks bernie. I'm hoping with all the new carriers in the hawaii market that the fares might drop or at least stay in the "affordable" range.

Part of the thing is that Hawaiian air drops their prices during certain times of the year. Many of the other airlines like united might or might not price match the lower rates so that makes hawaiian a better deal if you are patient and keep up with the prices. I just hope that allegiant and sw have comparable prices, I would love to take sw with their free baggage and free carry ons, especially if they are the same price as hawaiian.

Actually hawaiian planes aren't the greatest, the chair seats seem kind of thin so my butt gets sore after a 5 hour flight. They don't offer any video service unless you pay for it so no free movies either, unlike some other carriers that at least show a free movie on your flight.

8. ItsJustMe

ItsJustMe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree! I only have this problem on their newer Airbus aircraft, not on the older Boeing planes. I have since resorted to packing a small pillow in my carry-on backpack so I can sit/sleep comfortably.

9. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just tried to book an allegiant flight from hnl to las. In addition to the carry on fees there is also a "seat" fee. It amounts to you paying $15 and up each way for a seat on the plane. The $15 seats are all the way in the back, you will be paying more for a mid plane or up front seat, an exit row or a specialty seat.

I think after all the nickel and diming the price comes out around the same when hawaiian has their seasonal specials so I guess we have options on flying. As I said, I'm waiting for sw to get in the market, hopefully with them the fares might drop or be more affordable as allegiants.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.