1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

When does your Las Vegas trip "begin?"

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by engicedave, Jun 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tree DA

Tree DA High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas trips are forever. Like most of us, I go a couple times per year...I'm always planning my next one (or two) and always reliving the past ones. Probably the night before is when I consider myself to be 'on vacation'. Certainly on the plane, watching my favorite movies, and drinking a few cold ones counts as well into the trip.

2. rdunc311

rdunc311 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For this upcoming trip, our flight departs St. Louis at 7:55 PM. I'm off work that day, and will be ancy to get the trip started. We will arrive at the airport a couple before the flight and that's when it will sink in. We're flying out with our best friends for a wedding at the Mirage. It should be a blast!! We won't arrive until 9:30 PM, but once we get to the 4 Queens, it will be game on! One night downtown, then three nights at the Mirage. First time at the Mirage, so I'm pumped! Usually stay at NYNY.

3. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My vacation begins the minute I'm done work.

My excitement ramps up as the strip becomes visible from the plane.

It feels like the trip has really begun once I'm checked in to the hotel and either hit the strip or hit the tables (ie: once all the typical travel headache stuff is over).

4. zoey11

zoey11 Mid roller and Vegas fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not going until September, but I am already vegascomputering everyday! My hubby calls me a vegasaholic, so guess it's our yearly trip and the excitement starts months before.
    But I guess the trip excitment begins when we get on the plane and like others have mentioned, there is nothing like seeing the lights of the strip!
    The saddest part, is getting on the plane and watching the strip disappears!Lol

5. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine is a little earlier... once we hit that first turbulence over the Rockies. That tells me that I'm getting close, and all that planning I've been doing for the last six months is about to pay off.

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
  6. Gandolf One

Gandolf One Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm with the "early planning" group; for me, it's the instant I book air. I love the anticipation and looking forward to being in "my happy place"

:thumbsup:

7. Magician

Magician Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, we fly out to L.A.X and then we pick up the car and drive to the four seasons hotel for the night, and then the next morning we drive to Vegas.. so it begins the next day at around 2PM I guess.

8. rebirth

rebirth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vacation begins: Getting home after the last day of work
    Vegas trip begin: As soon as we get in the cab

9. agirl

agirl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As soon as we get in the rental car and I start to program all the Vegas stations (I pretty much know them by heart!) into the radio. All our money is still intact, the day is young, and it's VEGAS BABY!!!!

10. Tellafriend

Tellafriend MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great Topic! Thanks!

Probably several different levels for me, in the following order:
    1. Leaving for the airport;
    2. Hearing/Feeling the door to the plane close so I know we are on the way w/o delays;
    3. Feeling the bumps as we reach the Rockies;
    4. Seeing the Grand Canyon and Lake Mead;
    5. See the Strip as the plane descends;
    6. Hearing the slots in the airport;
    7. Smelling whatever theme the hotel I'm checking into when the doors open and at that point I know I have arrived and have once again amassed the potential to change my life!

11. maximus56k

maximus56k Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since I drive from San Antonio I take my family down to S.A. from Austin and we eat out and mess around for a day or two. On Saturday at 11:00 a.m. my wife drives home (usually mad) and my Aunt, Uncle, and me jump in the Good Times Express and make like a banshee to I-10 WEST! 2-3 times a year......that on ramp is when our trip begins :wink

12. Reindeerz

Reindeerz Guest

I think this upcoming trip it will be sooner than usual. A bunch of us are meeting at the bar we usually play pool at, and driving to the airport together. I think a pre-flight drink will be in order and be a good start to the trip. :)

13. billduhcat

billduhcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I suppose when the trip planning starts, but it doesnt seem real until I book the flight.

The dance of finding and deciding on a hotel is all part of the trip.:wave:

14. iowa1525

iowa1525 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i think the excitement itself really begins when I get the "check in now" email for my flight. This occurs about 24 hours before departure. Sadly. i get the same one 24 hours before leaving LV.

15. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When the teller accepts the withdrawal request slip and peels off a bunch of hundreds.

My third trip in the past two months starts Tuesday. I have carried over my bankroll from trip to trip, so mentally I have been in Vegas for nearly 2 months.

:woohoo:

16. addicted

addicted High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In 2 days, thanks for asking...

It will official when the plane comes to a stop

:whistle:

17. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we have gotten to the airport, checked in, ditched bags, gotten through security, and are at a bar for our first drink!!! Only when we get that first drink does it seem like our Vegas trip (or any vacation) has started! I can't wait for it again!

18. Nikkid21

Nikkid21 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once through security and (hopefully) in the lounge with a glass of champagne and a bacon butty.

We fly airline staff standby so it's always a worry that we will get bumped off the flight until we get our boarding cards and go through security.

19. Reed

Reed High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are many checkpoints that pumps me up along the way:
    Arriving at the airport...
    Making my way through security...
    Boarding the plane...
    Touching down...

The true excitement for me is walking out of the gate, hearing the slot machines, heading down the escalator to baggage claim...

At that point the possibilities ahead are endless...love that feeling...

20. THESwigs

THESwigs Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I feel the same way, only thing I would as is when I put down a $20 for a bloody mary and a beer and the bartender gives me the "that's not enough look" and it doesn't f*&%ing piss me off..........I know i'm on my way to VEGAS BABY.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.