1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

NYNY Pool.

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Thebigmg, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thebigmg

Thebigmg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dear All,

Sorry if this has been covered before - but I was in Las Vegas about a month ago - and whilst on a drunken walk through NYNY I noticed that the pool area was being redeveloped. (I was in quite a state and was trying to go to MGM and ended up on the car park walkway!?!?!?)

On my next trip in a months time - I was considering staying there - I like to use the pool areas on a daily basis - so does anyone know if the pool area has re-opened and are there any (big/any) improvements??

Thanks for reading and any feedback you can give,

All the best,

MG

(Please note I have tried Google and other searches - at work they seem to block me from every site except this one!! - which is handy!!)

2. TylerH50

TylerH50 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe it has reopened. In fact, I made Cabana reservations last week with the Pool hosts last week for Labor Day week.

As for improvements, I would love to read what they are and to see pics if they are any.

I know NYNY used to have a pool cam. I'm guessing they don't still have it though.

3. Thadeus

Thadeus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The website says "pool now open."

4. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were there last week. It is open.

As for changes, not much. What we saw was:

A new fountain about 15ft diameter in the right side of the pool.

The entire pool has a step added around the edge that allows you to sit in the pool about 1 ft deep and use the wall as the back of your "chair".

Lounge Chairs in the pool at the north end. More chairs in general due to removal of some structures. We did not get a cabana this time, but I think there may be less of them.

"Rainforest" palm tree hot tub at west end (straight out from entrance doors) has been removed and replaced with a larger open hot tub.

My wife also noticed the women were more well endowed, friendly, and ready for fun. Other than that, we did not see any other changes.

5. cloudi63

cloudi63 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They're pool is nothing to be desired, jmo! however looking at the glass half full, at least there is a pool.

6. TylerH50

TylerH50 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed. there are better pools in Vegas, but I like there's. The atmosphere is good and service is good too.

7. Vegas Dave

Vegas Dave Newbie

Sign up for players club at the cosmo and get into one of their pools free I heard!

8. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sure she did.

9. Kathy98

Kathy98 Tourist

I sometimes stay at the NYNY in the winter.

I have always thought their pool sucks. it is beneath the roller coaster (which I love). But, It is small and noisy.

10. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually liked the pool at NYNY. It wasn't a hike from the Emprire Elevators, and the hot tub area was nice also. They played a decent mix of music, and the pool wasnt that crowded. In reality, it isnt much different then the pools at MGM (with the exception of lazy river) except there is only one of them.

I enclosed a pic from last summer.

Attached Files:

11. cloudi63

cloudi63 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That does not look like NYNY's pool, although I hear it was redone, and you are sadly mistaken on MGM's pools!!! Mandalay Bay's pool is awesome so is Monte Carlos, so does Bellagio have nice pools, the Mirage is okay no disrespect but out of all the pools within the MGM conglomerate NYNY's pool sucks the most!

12. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Please don't disrespect me by saying that is not the NYNY Pool. The pic was taken last summer from the walkway that goes to self parking (before the remodel). Also, I was comparing the pool to each of the pools across the street at MGM, not MB.

13. cloudi63

cloudi63 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it a photoshopped pic? LoL! Okay well it looks like its been improved since about 2 years ago but not by much, it still sucks! Hey different strokes for different folks and BTW the MGM's pool puts NYNY's pool to shame JMO nice pic BTW!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.