1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MAJOR problem - extreme stunt to extend trip

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by bigmoneyvic, Jun 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iamrice

Iamrice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bad move.

Try honesty.

2. Cracker

Cracker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let's look at the bright side. When this all blows up in your face and your wife takes everything in the divorce, you can move in with Phil and party all day, all night, every day and every night.

3. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :kill: lol! I was thinking the same thing when I read the post.....

4. luvnvegas2

luvnvegas2 Guest

Sounds to me like you are heading into a world of hurt....physically and emotionally. Better hope it doesn't backfire on you and you really get sick and your plan goes to hell in a handbasket!

5. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    phew! boy am i glad i am not married to you! i'm guessing you're just not very honest with your wife in general, or this plan would make you feel guilty. i could never do that to my husband (and i hope he would never do that to me!). there's probably a good reason your wife prefers you to stay away from "phil". either way, good luck; i hope you don't really get sick and miss out on "phil" time :evillaugh. make sure to come back and tell us if it worked or if your wife got everything in the divorce :wink2:

6. DaveP

DaveP VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The past + A few more months

7. bigbooner

bigbooner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you should marry Phil.

8. LushLife

LushLife Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a troll.

9. pompous

pompous Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know i'm in the minority here, but this is brilliant. Please update afterwards and ENJOY :beer:

10. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does his wife have the right to "prohibit" him from hanging out with his friends? I dont think so, if a guy does that, he's a controlling nutcase. There's two sides to every coin, phil didn't break up any marriage without a little help.

11. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It sounds like an amateur fan fiction plot for "Hangover #3".

12. Frankr163

Frankr163 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm hoping your wife doesn't check out this site to prep. for your trip!
    i am thinking she might put a little something extra in your ipecac.
    Be wary if she wants you to increase your life insurance.
    Phil problem solved!

Anniversary Trip
  13. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    a) Sounds like a very dumb plan. You're going to make yourself very sick (enough that you can't plausibly fly) and think you can reliably recover well and fast enough to have fun in Vegas until you can. And you think this whole charade will somehow deceive your wife fullly (unlikely).

b) Even if it worked, it would probably be a bad idea. Why exactly are you married to someone who will not let you do something so important to you that you are willing to jump through these hoops to deceive her?

Your wife doesn't get to dictate who you can and can't see, and that should be discussed maturely between you, not arranged behind her back.

And of course, she will find out at some point. And as mad as she'd be during an argument about whether she can forbid you from seeing your friend, try now to imagine where her mind is going to go when she finds that you went to extreme lengths to trick her so you could spend a day with an acknowledged home wrecking bad influence in Las Vegas of all places.

If you're up front, she'll fight with you and hate the idea and you could go through a rough patch. If you go behind her back, she'll never trust you again and Phil will be 2 for 2.

14. Tree DA

Tree DA High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Personally I'd use the straightforward approach and just tell her you are staying an extra night to meet a buddy and party like a rock star. If she doesn't like your friends that's her problem, not yours.

But I see my words will fall on deaf ears so I think we need to get more creative here. This feigning sickness has too many failure points. Maybe you won't get that sick, maybe you'll get too sick and not be able to party, maybe she will utterly refuse to go to the CC buffet, maybe she'll decide to be a good wife and stay with you since you are sick, maybe you aren't good at faking sick and she will see through your ruse...

Let me ponder this situation a bit longer and see what I can come up with.

15. luvnvegas2

luvnvegas2 Guest

Fun thread. Can't wait to see how this one plays out!

16. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, worst case scenario is that he could end up being held for observation in a Vegas psychatric ward since eating at the Circus Circus buffet could technically classify as a suicide attempt.

17. kingpasty

kingpasty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can someone please "Phil" me in? Pun intended :) I got here late and missed the first post! I assume it was something along the lines of feigning sickness to stay an extra day with his buddy? Here's an idea: Be honest with your wife and grow a pair. Or ask for them back from her purse ;)

18. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    why are you picking on my post? i never said that someone has a right to prohibit another person from seeing someone. either she accepts it and stays married to him, or she doesn't accept it and divorces him. and we have no idea if his wife is a controlling nutcase or if it is really just phil she wants him to stay away from. of course it wouldn't just be phil's fault if the op's marriage was affected. my first question after reading the op's post was why even bother with being married if you have to sneak to do things? your spouse is someone you should be honest with and respect. if you can't do that, then don't marry the person. :peace:

19. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As to the original post, it has been changed.
    Time to close this thread for obvious reasons. :peace:

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.