1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

getting a limo from airport - no reservations

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by bigmoneyvic, Jun 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigmoneyvic

bigmoneyvic Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know where to find them. Is there any advantage to just grabbing a limo from the airport without reservations? Advantage as in, saving money? Are all the same size limos the same hourly rate? or do some of them want a quick run to MB and will throw you out a lower price? Last time our group booked through Omni. We might see what the taxi line looks like or may see what limos are available at the time. I dont like being locked into something in advance. thanks

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never checked at the main terminal but at Terminal 1 there would be limos sitting outside waiting if anybody wanted to hire them. Most had a sign in front of their car with rates listed... and they were about $10-15 cheaper than the average price you could book a limo through a website in advance.

But, there are some advantages to booking in advance:
    1) If you book ahead there will be a limo there waiting for you. If you just show up and check, there might not be any limos waiting at the airport.
    2) You can choose what kind of vehicle you get. Like if you want the classic stretch limousine you might get to the airport and all that's there might be a couple of town cars and a stretch SUV
    3) By booking ahead the driver will be waiting for you outside the gate or near baggage claim. If you have any luggage they will assist you in getting your luggage and bringing it to the vehicle.
    4) If you book ahead of time is usually for a set period of time, IE: you get the limo for an hour. To that end you can have the limo stop along the way at a liquor store or grocery store if you want to load up on stuff for the room or have them take a longer more roundabout way to your property... whereas the limos for hire at the airport usually just list a price for general destination (IE: a price for a strip hotel, price for a downtown hotel, etc), and not for the whole hour, and so the are likely to be less open to driving you around or making a stop.

3. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LIMOS

BelTran has Limos available right away. Just go talk to the guy standing near a stand and you can get a limo right away.

I paid $7. to take a shuttle to my hotel but they put me and other people in a limo that was available. It was great.

4. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We grab a limo at the airport (without reserving ahead) for at least half of our trips (we average 2-4 trips per year since 1995). We have never had them quote anything other than a price per hour - which is great because then you have the limo stop by liquor store, etc on the way to your hotel. And in all those trips we've never found that "no limos were available" at the airport.

I agree if you have lots of luggage or mobility issues, having the assistance at baggage claim is an advantage to booking in advance.

Also - if you're traveling in a large group and need a very large limo - you should definitely book in advance.

But for two people without tons of luggage any size limo works fine.

5. MMacys1

MMacys1 Tourist

So how much Is the limo for an hour?

6. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think we paid about $70 per hour for a standard limo we grabbed at the airport in March 2012. The Town Cars run about $45, I think.

7. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prices have gone up a bit over the years. One advantage of grabbing a limo was the hourly rate starts then, you could take a ride up the Blvd for orientation, stop for liquor or at the Welcome to LV sign, and end up at the hotel(a reserved limo starts charging when the plane lands so your hour is going as you make your way to the luggage carousel and wait for your luggage). As I recall LV Limo was the cheapest and with a fleet of 180+ limos, there was never a problem. Limos were nice units and drivers were very accomodating and professional. Many here have had good luck with Presidential Limo as well.

Jimbo338

8. brownies95

brownies95 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are the limos for hire located outside of baggage claim near the shuttles?

Thanks,
    Tim:peace:

9. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jimbo mentioned what I was going to say...

If I was going to get a limo I'd get one after I got my luggage rather than reserving one ahead and having the time start counting down when the plane lands.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.