1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Looking for a Laundromat in a safe area

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by VivaLostWages, Jun 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VivaLostWages

VivaLostWages Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone have any experience with going to a laundromat off-strip, within a couple miles max preferably close to Harrah's? I would be going early afternoon, and don't want to be hanging out in a real bad area, alone, doing laundry. Not spending $200 for hotel service either, so this is unavoidable.

Thanks guys.

2. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's a laundromat on the Motel 6 property just off Las Vegas Blvd on Tropicana (just past Hooters).

3. VivaLostWages

VivaLostWages Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Edit : Just called and asked if I can use if not a hotel guest. Guy says "No, no, no...SORRY"

4. buomalley

buomalley Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a 24 hour laundromat at 525 East Twain Avenue. You have the option to use their drop off service if you don't want to do it yourself. We have used the drop off service here several times. It's inexpensive and I think they do a great job. The turnaround from drop off to pick up is about 2 hours.

5. VivaLostWages

VivaLostWages Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is the place I was considering. How was the atmosphere inside? Not too shady? I would probably stay for the hour and do it myself, as I don't want to be spending like $30 in cab fare for two trips, nor do I want to pay a cab to wait for me to do it myself, I'd rather just call a new cab to get me when I'm done. (Any tips on the cab portion)?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  6. j52chips

j52chips Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few years ago I went to a laudrymat on Arville for the second time. It was just off of Flamingo around the corner from the Palms and down the street from the Gold Coast. I got a 6 pack of Bud from Terribles liquors in the Gold Coast and did my laundry. Totally safe area. I can't remember the name but it was something and Suds. I also used the place about 6 years ago when I stayed at Orleans. You should be able to find it in The Las Vegas Yellow Pages under laundry or laundrymats. Good luck.

7. buomalley

buomalley Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The inside seemed perfectly safe to me. There have always been employees on site whenever we have been there.

Sorry I can't offer any insight regarding cabs ... We usually have a rental car.

8. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Parts of Twain are no "picnic", but 525 is just off Paradise and that's pretty well traveled.

9. VivaLostWages

VivaLostWages Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  10. VivaLostWages

VivaLostWages Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello, anyone?

11. IxAccDnf

IxAccDnf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to Wizard of Suds a few times on Arville.
    It's sort of an odd little place but it's not dangerous.
    I've also used the one in the shopping center at Flamingo/Jones, for someone uncomfortable that one would feel safer and more normal.

12. j52chips

j52chips Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's the one. Totally safe and only a shuttle bus ride from harrahs or Bill's. I'm planning on using it again last week of June.

13. VivaLostWages

VivaLostWages Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You talking about the one on Arville? Did you just take the shuttle from Bills and get off at Gold Coast and Walk down to Wizard of Suds? If you did this, how long was the walk, and was it safe? Won't I have a problem getting on the Bill's/Orleans/Gold Coast shuttle if I don't have a room Key from either place, especially when I will have a suitcase with me?

14. j52chips

j52chips Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be honest. I can't remember if it was a block or 2 blocks from Gold. I have been there when I stayed at Harrahs and took the Bill's shuttle and I have been there when I stayed at Orleans and just walked it. I also didn't have a suitcase. I just had a large gym type bag. Like I said I stop and get beers while I'm waiting. As for the shuttle, I've taken suitcases in the past when changing hotels (Orleans or Suncoast). The only time there is a problem is when you take the shuttle during rush hour. Early or (late) morning shouldn't be a problem. I hope that helps. I have also walked to the bar on the corner of Flamingo and Arrville and had a beer. I think it was the Cabboose or something. I think it was pretty close but at my age I've killed a lot of my brain cells. Good luck

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.