1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Palazzo - Did I get a good deal?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by ChecknPlay, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChecknPlay

ChecknPlay Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just booked three nights at the Palazzo on Priceline (Thurs 8/23 - Sun 8/26) for $129 a night. I tried last week bidding at only $109 per night and got rejected. My experience in dealing with Priceline is if you wait a few days they sometimes send you free money to be added on to your bid. In this case I received an offer of an extra $10 a night up to 10 nights. I rebid at $114, was rejected and then rebid again at $119 (plus the free extra $10) and was accepted. I know August is a slow month but $119 for a five star strip property over a weekend seems pretty good. I have stayed at The Palazzo the past two trips and booked through Hotwire for at least 25% more. Gonna try the $20 trick to get a high floor, strip view and maybe get the resort fees waived. Just wondering what some of your thoughts are on this deal and should I have waited and perhaps gotten it even lower.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A good deal? Hard to say. What is the rate if you went to the V/p web site for the same dates for the same room type?

Or other similar hotels in the area?

3. ChecknPlay

ChecknPlay Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best rate I could find was a promo code from smartervegas through The Palazzo website (which was non-refundable) for about $50 more. Wynn / Encore was about $80 more.

4. KingBBInLV

KingBBInLV High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Add another $40 or so to include the daily resort fee and taxes.

Hard for me to tell if you got a good rate cause I've never paid for a room there, they're always comped.

If you play poker you can get their poker rate which is usually around $119 a night weekdays.

5. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah i don't know much, but that rate doesn't sound very good to me.

6. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $129/ night to stay at the Palazzo is a good rate, could you get it cheaper... maybe?, but that's a good rate for a top-tier property!

Hope you have a great stay!!!!

7. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's not bad, the average weekend rate over there is $199 so you probably saved a little bit :) regardless you didn't overpay!

But yes, as said above it's an AMAZING resort. Definitely worth it!

For me, we usually stay elsewhere because I can get a better deal... they don't seem to "deal" much over there.

8. MMacys1

MMacys1 Tourist

I think that's a nice price for weekend!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.