1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bellagio Restaurants

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Vegasstar33, May 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vegasstar33

Vegasstar33 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Everyone,
    I will be staying at the Bellagio for the first time and was seeking reviews on their restaurants. what is your favorite? Least favorite?

I have $300 f/b credit, so want to use it wisely :)

Thanks!

2. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're going to see a lot of people recommend Olives.

I do not recommend Olives.

3. Vegasstar33

Vegasstar33 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you, can I ask why you don't recommend it? Service? Food?

I'm assuming its an Italian restaurant?

4. Wanger1969

Wanger1969 Iowa Nice

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cafe Bellagio is my favorite there. Its reasonably priced (from Bellagio standards) and the food is just wonderful.

5. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Olives is wildly popular, but I think it's pretty awful. It gets recommended on here often and I think that's a shame. Usually don't say anything, but I guess this is my coming out party.

I think John Curtis sums up the Olives experience best:

Full Article With Scary Pictures

Also, look at these horrific pictures on Yelp. Gah!

I've eaten at 4 restaurants at Bellagio, the aforementioned Olives and...

Picasso - A really good 2 star Michelin restaurant. The food isn't too daring, but it's delicious and well executed. Unfortunately, Picasso will cost more than 300 dollars for two people.

Yellowtail - A really good, albeit slightly overrated, sushi restaurant. Easily one of the 5 top sushi joints in Las Vegas. Perhaps in the top 3.

FIX - Decent food, with a fun atmosphere, but way overpriced.

6. Vegasstar33

Vegasstar33 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow! Thank you so much for the info, much appreiciated.

Wel if everythng else fails there is always the buffet. Afcourse its been years since I ate there but hopefully it has not changed too much as from what I remember it was pretty good :)

7. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I recently posted a full review of Jasmine @ Bellagio a little further down in this section.

At Aria (right next door to Bellagio) I'd also recommend Sage, American Fish & Julian Serrano.

8. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    These were all between 2006-2008 although I'm sure not much has changed.

I've eaten at Prime and really enjoyed everything about it from the ambiance to the food. There were 8 of us and not one of us had one bad thing to say about the meal.

Michael Mina I ate at too and really enjoyed that too, the food was executed excellently. I remember that as with Prime the service was for me at the time OTT*, but looking back now with more experience of fine dining it was great.

I ate at fix a couple times when on break from playing cash games in the Bellagio and enjoyed that too. I liked the choices, the atmosphere was different from the others fitted in nicely with everything else.

Noodles is another I ate at a few times whilst playing there and again I enjoyed the food too. No atmosphere really that I noticed, just decent chinese food in a kind of in, order, eat and leave atmosphere :)

Cafe Bellagio is where we used to eat after a late finish and I enjoyed the food here too. Everything I ate was always good be it breakfast, lunch or early morning.

I really want to get around to trying the others that I have never tried like Picasso, Le Cirque, Jasmine and Sensi. Hopefully this year I'll get around to it at some point if I can talk some of my friends around :)

*I was still used to curry houses and pub meals at 25 when I took my first trip to Vegas :evillaugh

9. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prime, hands down. Best meal of my life.

10. vegas_or_bust

vegas_or_bust High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I highly recommend Sensi. Great food, great atmosphere. Always delivers.

11. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just ate there last weekend, it was good, but nothing special.. but we were gunning for outside, that was the whole point of our visit, but even getting there at 5:30, nope. It's useless if you can't eat outside IMO. You can't reserve outside. Yet, it's always reserved lol... (I will never understand how some things work in Vegas)

I would say it would be a nice lunch. At least it was fairly reasonable we just had some good flatbreads and shared a salad. But the actual entrees were very pricey.

12. Boone

Boone Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to eat at 4 joints each trip to the B.
    1 - Prime
    2 - Noodles
    3 - Sensi
    4 - Le Cirque

No specific order - Le Cirque may be my favorite meal in Vegas. Cafe Bellagio is great for breakfast.

13. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

My preference, greatest to least:

Circo
    Le Cirque
    Prime
    Yellowtail
    Michael Mina
    Buffet
    Cafe

14. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would highly recommend Jasmine over Noodles any day of the week. Simply put, the food at Noodles is terrible IMO. I ate there twice and the dishes were completely inedible. It has to be the worst Asian restaurant I have ever eaten in. By contrast the food at Jasmine is extremely flavorful and well prepared, and the settiing overlooking the Bellagio fountains is a great touch. It might be more expensive, but you get what you pay for.

The buffet at Bellagio is excellent, Cafe Bellagio is a good option for a quick bite, and Michael Mina is another really nice fine dining option too.

15. techie223

techie223 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've eaten at Picasso and Sensi and would return in a heartbeat. As a matter of fact, we have reservations at Sensi for June. :licklips:

We're not big steak eaters, so we appreciate a variety of meals with good flavours.

I think it really depends on what you're craving at the time, and your price point.

16. VivaLostWages

VivaLostWages Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Noodles is a bit better than Noodle Asia @ Venetian, but I usually ate at the latter because I had comp $.

17. bdg626

bdg626 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably in the minority, but for the price, I thought Prime was overrated. The ambiance was great - sitting by the fountains during dinner really was special but that's where it ended. Service was great and really stellar. However, the steak was not anything that I couldn't have had for half the price at any chain steakhouse.

To each their own!
    :beer:

18. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Refreshing to hear I'm not the only one who felt this way - and I've taken a lot of flack on here before for saying I felt that way about Prime in the past.

It's not even really that I think Prime is necessarily bad, per se - you get a good meal - but I really never felt the food there - or at Jean-Georges next door [which are both run under the banner of Jean-Georges Vongerichten, whose NYC restaurants I feel really are truly great] - was anything better than what you could get at any number of other high-end steakhouses around the country, just served in a better setting.

19. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fully admit I'm not a steakhouse connoisseur, but unless you are getting some super aged piece of beef (hello Carnevino) isn't what you're saying true of most high-end steakhouses? Don't most of these restaurants serve you a slab of USDA prime beef? How much variation can there be? I ask because I often read various steakhouse reviews on this board and I'm genuinely confused by the variation of opinions.

By the way, Jean George's signature restaurant in NYC rocks my world. Glad you feel the same way.

20. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's subtle variations in seasoning, cooking technique, etc. - and there's also other factors like what apps & sides a place offers, and how well they do them, too - but overall I absolutely agree 100% - which is why I'm so passionate about Carnevino and basically so "meh" about practically every other steakhouse in Vegas.

But to a certain extent it's about context - especially in a town so overflowing with high-end steakhouses as Vegas - what would be the #1 place in town in practically any other but a few cities worldwide has a helluva lot of competition in a town like Vegas.

I mean don't get me wrong - I love a nice slab of prime beef wherever I can get one - and I practically live at steakhouses when I'm on the road for work - so you'd very rarely if ever find me turning down a steak dinner at Morton's or Smith & Wollensky or Ruth's Chris in most cities - dry-aged for 9 months or not - but you'll also likely never find me eating at any one of those in a town like Vegas where there's so many other top-flight choices, or in any other city where I know of a local steakhouse that is really exceptional.

For example, take a place like Andre's at the Monte Carlo or Mix at Mandalay Bay - in most any other city, either one would probably be the #1 French restaurant in town - but in a city where you also have Joel Robuchon, Guy Savoy, Le Cirque, etc. - it suddenly doesn't merit as much praise and falls to the middle of the pack, doesn't it? So again, while not a 100% apples to apples comparison, I think there's a similar case to be made there regarding Vegas steakhouses

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.